~The Game Pass Thread~

Ahh, right, it launched on game pass day 1. What’s an analagous multiplayer-only game that hit game pass months post-release? And did that game do well?

Also sneaking onto GP in the last day is Mind Scanners, which looks like a retro (in the sense that it looks like it was originally an adventure game released on the C64) scifi Papers, Please.

The description says “Your duty is to diagnose and treat the citizens of The Structure. The patient list is long so don’t waste your time. We’ll let you see your daughter soon…”, and is apparently full of weird mini games. Looks like fun.

I mean, does it matter? The developers are getting paid, and it’s not the sort of game you’d want to play with randoms. As long as you can convince 1-3 people to play that’s all you need.

But to answer the question, last month Coffee Stain said Deep Rock Galactic had around 4 million players with 3 million copies sold. That extra million is coming from free weekends and Game Pass.

It does matter if you’re going to play with randos. Of course that’s always going to be an inferior experience, but it is what it is.

So maybe moving to game pass can help reinvigorate a game, that’s great to hear. Although, it’s hard to imagine deep rock galactic has 4 million active players. Maybe they mean 4 million people downloaded the game and ran it, ever.

December 2

• Anvil (Console, PC)
  • Archvale (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Console, PC)
  • Lawn Mowing Simulator (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Rubber Bandits (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Stardew Valley (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Warhammer 40K: Battlesector (Cloud, Console, PC)

December 7

• Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator (Cloud, Console, PC)

December 8

• Halo Infinite (Cloud, Console, PC)

December 9

• One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Cloud, Console, PC)

December 14

• Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Among Us (Cloud, Console, PC)

Leaving December 15:

• Beholder (Cloud, Console)
  • The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (Console, PC)
  • Guacamelee! 2 (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Wilmot’s Warehouse (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Unto The End (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Cloud, Console, PC)

One two punch right here, great month!

Warhammer 40K: Battlesector
Aliens: Fireteam Elite

I’m so confused by all the Warhammer games. What kind of game is Battlesector?

Woohoo, that’s four games I held off buying.

Turn-based tactical.

Oh cool, from the screenshots near the start of that thread, it looks like the new XCOM, that style of game?

Super excited about battle sector. Will try it out on PC first, but not adverse to playing it on console. Phoenix Point was very playable on Series X.

Phoenix Point was (as it typical of console ports) a buggy mess on Xbox. Still waiting for them to fix it.

Which xbox did you run it on? I haven’t noticed any major bugs while playing on the Series X. Admittedly haven’t finished the game.

Wilmot’s Warehouse is an fun and interesting little action-puzzle game that can easily be played through before 12/15. Don’t bother trying to squeeze out every last achievement, though, they are heavily RNG-dependent.

Series X, I had dialogue choice results go by so fast I couldn’t read them, made the game unplayable for me. Also been reading other’s experiences here Console Bugs and Issues | Phoenix Point and decided it wasn’t worth the headache.

Cool, a few I’m looking forward to.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 [Replay - this was great-ish]
Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator [wtf trailer]
One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

Mask of Medan and Unto the End worth playing through?

Son of a… I just bought about 10 days ago.

I just finally bought Stardew Valley last month. Your welcome Game Pass peeps.

I wrote about my buggy experience over here in the PP thread, playing on XSX. That said, I know there’s been at least one patch since then, perhaps the problems have been addressed.

Battlesector looks cook. I like the squad-based-units - nice change from the usual TBS.

I installed and played the first couple of missions of Phoenix Point on the console and I guess I’m just not feeling the XCOM magic. Maybe it’s the perspective (too distanced from the soldiers). I only played through the mission where you find a third guy, though.