~The Game Pass Thread~

Going from a firm December date to ‘sometime in 2021’ is pretty lame. I wonder if the influx of cheap 3-month subscribers made EA refuse to implement the connection yet.

Why would they be ok with the console version of the pass and not the PC version then. I got to imagine the majority of influx is ultimate members not PC.

Just finished up the last few levels of Gris. What a gorgeous freakin’ game! Superb art style and sound design. I kept holding down B just to hear her sing.

Yeah a bunch of things leaving on the 1st that were in my “I should play someday” bucket, I’ll probably maybe be able to get to one or two of them before they go. Maybe play Gris this weekend.

In slightly better news

Desperados 3 and Control are great adds, Donut County is a fun diversion. Overall doesn’t do much for me personally as I’ve played most of the stuff on that list that I’d want to on PC.

Wow nice. I always wanted to try out Donut County. And since it made it into lots of people’s top 5 list for 2020, Desperados 3.

I’ve never heard of Cyber shadow. Box art makes it look like some kind of 2D retro thing I probably won’t be interested in.

I wish I had a ray tracing card so I could check out Control in all its glory.

Damn…so many Yakuzas. I still have 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 installed but I already bounced off 0 twice…but I will someday try again.
But I guess these ones are not full remakes, just the improved ports of PS2 games?

I know the original Yakuza 3 came out on PS3, and looked way better than the first two PS2 games. I think 4 and 5 were also from the PS3 era, but I’m not sure.

I checked and yeah you are right, all those are from PS3, so that’s cool.

Yay Desperados 3!

Which of course I just bought in the recent Epic sale.

Glad I held off on Control which I was considering strongly.

Ah, curses, bought Desperados in the recent Steam sale. At least I held off on Donut County.

Me too, but it’s ok. I don’t mind giving Mimimi some dollars.

Been wanting to play Outer Wilds so that’s good. But I see it’s only on cloud, and I have paid zero attention to that. Can I at least use the cloud client with Gamepass ultimate on a Windows PC?

Both this and Desperado 3 were in my shopping cart for the past holiday sale before I stopped myself, so yay me.

Yes that’s true. And I did use a coupon so was a bargain really.

It’s currently on XGP, it’s only a new addition to the cloud service.

I don’t have an xbox (or I guess I do, but zero interest in setting it up again), so I need a solution that doesn’t require it.

Outer Wilds is amazing! Worth a real purchase. ;)

I think cloud gaming is only on Android devices right now. I just looked it up and they say it’ll hit PC/IOS in spring '21.

Thanks, that’s what I thought but wasn’t sure. I have zero android devices, just iOS.