~The Game Pass Thread~

Thanks.

I’ve heard of a few people having problems with that site.

Those codes might actually have region restrictions.
IIRC they came from snack promotions and so on.

I was able to get my half price PSN Plus code from there a few months ago without hassle.

For $14 bucks, I just gave it a flyer. So far, I’ve only pasted in the 1st 4 of 13 weekly codes, but all good! $4 and change/month for ultimate is a pretty good price.

I’m weak, grey or not I went for it and all 13 weeks applied just fine.

Grey market is perfectly fine morally, IMO. That’s using keys meant for a different locale and priced accordingly lower. Stolen keys, or those acquired through fraud, not so much. The problem is many sites sell both, and you have no way to tell.

I bought a pack of codes, and they all activated fine.

So I bought 8 more packs.

Forty-five minutes later… they activated fine too. And Microsoft didn’t seem to care that I plugged in 100+ codes in a row.

I had several months left on a GPU subscription beforehand, so now it’s extended into 2024. Is there a limit to how far into the future I can extend a subscription?

Three years, last I checked.

3 years was the limit to conversions from xblg, but I don’t know if that’s also the limit to how much time you can bank.

It’s the limit you can bank as well.

I’m close to the 3-year limit then.

Thanks for linking the deal, Timex!

Yep. Entered in my bunch of codes today.

4-22-2021 3-50-57 PM

So if I have GPU until July 2022, I can just buy bunch of these codes and extend it to 2023 or 24?

Yes. But it’s a pain in the ass. At least on a desktop. I just did it once just now, it gave me 13 codes all once, and I can’t select them without selecting all of them. So I just typed them into the Redeem Codes page one at a time 13 times. Sheesh.

If I do it again, I’ll try selecting the whole thing and pasting it into notepad or something first.

I don’t know when everyone started abbreviating it GPU, but I don’t like it. That’s a graphics card, folks.

Thanks, I extended it by 15 months. It was indeed pain in the ass, so much copypaste, but the price is good.

In non-cheapskate-related news, i read yesterday that Game Pass is up to 23 Million subscribers. Doing some quick math tells me that even assuming all of those people paid an average of $4.50/month, for the full 3 years you can subscribe, that’s nearly 4 Billion for the next 3 years. Seems like enough to keep this thing going?

Really depends on how much they’re paying publishers, and how much revenue they’re giving up on 1st party stuff. I mean, $4bn doesn’t even cover the Bethesda acquisition.

Glad I’m not the only one that had to do a double take on how people were getting graphics cards for $4 a month

The list of codes is semicolon delimited. It pastes into a spreadsheet very nicely. That’s what I used.