~The Game Pass Thread~

Wish time permitted, someone else is gonna have to reel this one in.

I think you can make some time, stop being shellfish.

I started playing Wild at Heart yesterday. I was kind of visually stunned by it, just kind of sitting there absorbing just how gorgeous it is at times. It’s a subjective thing, of course, whether others will find this art style as gorgeous as I do.

YouTube pushed this at me. It looks neat. It will hopefully deserve its own thread.

Basically an ARPG, but with base building and tower defense.

<.<

From the trailer, it looks quite Pikminy, gameplay wise. Is that right?

I barely started, so I’m not sure yet. I just walked around my house, like an adventure game and commented on things, and solved a light puzzle and escaped from home. Now I’m following one of those creatures in the woods that’s from the trailer. (Also I’ve never played Pikmin, so I wouldn’t be able to compare).

Me Too. I say this older video a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to Solasta and D&D Dark Alliance. I’ll admit, despite going all-in on Gamepass, I found myself rarely being interested in any of the games offered. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Same here. At $4.19/month I was pretty much getting my money’s worth just dicking around on the XSX, but even one AAA game on GPU pays for a whole year.

For some reason, I can’t get Knockout City to add to my normal EA Play library. Who knows? Not a big loss.

Weirdly I was able to download it on Steam and after ending the EA Desktop exe and reopening Origin/Steam a few times it worked.

I like cartoony art games (Fortnite, Overwatch) but this one is ugly like EA’s other failed non-Anthem game Rocket Arena. I also loved dodgeball/murderball but this GAAS is kind of uninspiring. They should have leaned fully into the Jet Set Radio asthetic instead of half-assing it.

Well this is weird. I could swear that I’d installed Battlefield 1 a while back on my PC (and add/remove programs tells me it is, and taking up 80 some GB) but my Xbox app doesn’t seem to think I have it installed.

The Xbox app won’t since it’s accustomed to dealing with that obfuscated file system bullshit it insists for its UWP games. I’m surprised by EA’s half assed competency that its Origin and EA Desktop beta clients see stuff installed in each other and Steam.

I don’t know how competent EA is because its EA Desktop app is now not launching at all, even though it was working fine a couple months back. I guess I’ll try starting up Origin.

Find the ea desktop background services exe and end the process. Ran into that this morning. My bare minimum level of being impressed at their competency was both ea desktop and origin saw the knockout city trail installed into steam.

Thanks, though I’m not seeing such a thing in the task manager under “details.” I do see a similar thing for Origin (which seemed to start up fine). Maybe I actually installed my own owned copy of Battlefield 1 (the base game only) and not the gamepass one. But then why would I have bothered to install EA Desktop. Hmm.

And the progress I remember making is gone so I must have been playing the EA desktop version. Which now I can’t. Oh goody.

And I uninstall EA Desktop to troubleshoot, try to install it again from the Xbox app, and get an error message. Truly Microsoft treats Windows gaming like the red-headed stepchild.

But wait, it gets even better! I rebooted my machine and restarted the Xbox app, only to find that it had signed me out, and no matter how many times I click sign in, I don’t get a window in which to do so. This would be comical if it weren’t so infuriating.

Are you sure the sign on window didn’t pop up under another open window and you aren’t seeing it? That’s happened to me more than once.