~The Game Pass Thread~

I thought I would play Crusader Kings III tonight. I haven’t played it in months. That’s odd; it wants me to install it again. Then, it wants me to delete and reinstall. Okay.

Now, it won’t install. It “gets” to 0% and I get an unhelpful error message. Microsoft says in its “help” page that an optional Windows update from June will solve Game Pass problems. Um, okay, except my installation is up-to-date and, just to double-check, I clicked on “optional updates” and, as I imagined, the update MS says to use isn’t an option.

Forza Horizon as does Rise of Nations still loads, but when I try to install or play other titles, I get sent to the store page for “Gaming Services” which is–you guessed it!–installed already.

I hate Microsoft so much. I love my Xbox, and I hope it ultimately succeeds, but JFC I hate Microsoft so much.

Update: Resetting Gaming Services lets installed games run again. Trying to install CK3 gives a new error message. I think it thinks I’m trying to install it twice. I have an external drive I often use for installations. The first several times I tried to install, it gave me an option for that drive. Now it doesn’t. Yay.