Xbox Game Pass & new MS game store app - PC thread

Indeed… @Rock8man

Does it have any depth?

Blazing Chrome was a nice surprise. I’d just added it to my Steam wishlist, and then it just showed up here.

Oh yes, rock-solid.

Steamworld Dig 2 is one of my favorite games in the past few years. A fantastic Metroidvania with well-crafted hand-designed levels (unlike the procedural generation of the first Steamworld Dig), a great and satisfying set of unlocks to explore more areas, lots of clever (but optional) challenge rooms, and a soundtrack I still sometimes listen to years later.

This is a great game. Glad they put it on game pass, because I would have ignored it otherwise. I loved Contra in the arcades back in the day, and this is a solid translation. It looks great, and most importantly plays & feels great.

I could play this on PC, but I prefer this in the couch.

Tried out Blazing Chrome. It is very much a Contra 3 tribute, right down to the sound effects and music. Very difficult of course, but I’m quite enjoying it.

Well that’s fun.

Since today was the last day of my job I decided to wipe my PC (I had used my personal desktop for work). After windows reinstalled I installed the xbox beta app and started downloading the Surge and Prey. Windows update came up so I told it to restart.

After a restart the xbox app showed no games on the left rail. I went to click on the install button on those games again and it immediately goes from “Install” to “Queud” to immediately back to “Install” again.

So I go to install Vampyr and a half hour later I restart because I changed the name of my PC and the same thing happens.

So that’s 3 games I’m now completely unable to install to my pc, blah. The install button on the MS store also does nothing.

Can you wipe Windows again and start over? Since you just did it, now might be the most painless time to do it again, and now you know what to avoid. Just do all the Windows updates first before going for the beta app. (Or maybe try resetting windows first, if you don’t want to completely start over, I think that’s faster).

Is it still the case that the app requires some non-compulsory Windows Update?

My fresh windows install got 1903 automatically (or came with 1930).

Well woke up today and everything was magically back so who knows what that was about lol.

I had that happen to me a few times too. I think it’s the server at MS side messing up.

New games incoming!

Oh wow, Resident Evil 4, finally. I’ve been tempted to get that on so many sales. I’ve had this notion in my head that I just didn’t like it originally because of the Nintendo Gamecube controller, so i always wanted to try it with modern Xbox controllers.

Killer Instinct is fantastic. Bought it 3 or 4 times. I highly recommend checking out the “Shadow Lords” mode. The Xbox version has a little companion app with sound tracks, concept art, marketing materials and behind the scenes stuff. Achievement hunters can also get a ton of diamonds.

I thought MGSV was already on GP. Night Call is a brand new one that sounds really interesting.

It was part of GwG a little while back, as was Phantom Limb I think it’s called? Anyway that’s how I have those two games.

Has anyone found a way to play Night Call? I’ve been trying since this morning, to no avail.

It loads up the game, I press either Left Mouse Button or A button on the controller, it takes me to a sign in window for Xbox Live, once I sign in, I’m at the desktop. If I alt tab back into Night Call, it’s just sitting at the title screen, and none of the buttons do anything. The only way to quit is to press Alt F4 or to use Task Manager to shut it down.

I tried restarting the PC, and I tried uninstalling and re-installing and restarting the PC. Same result.

Just tried it, seemed to work ok for me I’m afraid. There was the sign in window, then it asked for some permissions, and I was left at the desktop. I clicked on the game’s task bar button (the only difference I think, instead of alt-tabbing), and started a new game. It was unresponsive for a few seconds on the save-file select screen, but then started responding. Using the mouse thoughout.

I just checked into Night Call. Still no patch, it just loads up, kicks me out to sign into Xbox Live, and then clicking the tray icon gets me back to this:

Where the only thing I can do is press Alt-F4.

I tried it out and it worked OK for me. Didn’t play a long time so I’m not sure what I think yet.