~The Game Pass Thread~

Yooka-Laylee 2 also got added today.

This is a minor thing, but I really wish they would sort it out so I don’t have to allow each game to access my Xbox account when I launch it, I’m installing it and running it from inside gamepass, sort that shit out automatically.

Right? It’s so weird.

I was thinking I might really dig this one and it makes a good first impression, but I was turned off to it --hard-- within 30 minutes. I would love a difficult combat challenge with this gorgeous animation and atmosphere but I was fighting even the simplest controls and expected to execute high and low parries and even feints. No, fuck no, thank you, but no.

This RPS review nailed how I felt about it even though I spent (a lot) less time playing…

It’s a strong concept, gorgeously realised, with some great ideas and a lot of personality.

I hate it though.

I’m sorry. I really am.

The review goes on to suggest that everyone should give it a shot on Game Pass to see for themselves and I agree. I feel like some folks might really love it.

Active consent is required. You are giving permission to share your data with the game. You can thank Europe and California for that.

But cant’ that be like implied with me installing it? Just upfront it.

No, not legally.

Eh I’ve had to review GDPR and I don’t see why you can’t.

You need active consent to share personal information with a third party as a data controller.

What if I don’t consent to California and Europe?

I’ve never used the gamepass Xbox app itself always installing from the ms store app. The Xbox app keeps bringing up the same notifications each time after I dismiss them and it’s slow/choppy as hell for no good reason.

This is in the context of cookies, but it’s the same principle. Websites argued that continued use was implicit consent as long as they put up a notice.

Buncha new games announced. Mostly xbox/cloud this time:

PC:

• Among Us
  • Dark Pictures Medan
  • Moto GP 20
  • Wilmot’s Warehouse

Leaving December 30

• Farming Simulator 17 (Console & PC)
  • Football Manager 2020 (PC)
  • Mortal Kombat X (Console)

If there’s none of those in your backlogs these are likely the next to leave in January:

• Frostpunk
  • Phoenix Point (pc)
  • Sword Art Online (xbox only)
  • Tekken 7 (xbox only)
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simular

I do love physics based puzzles, so I’m looking forward to trying Morkredd. How do you make that o with a line through it. Google says it’s ALT + 0248. Let me try that:

I’m looking forward to Mørkredd this weekend. Woohoo! That worked.

Oh good, I’ll play MotoGP 20 for free. Too bad Code Vein is stuck on console. It has poor performance on One X I think.

How are you guessing at which games are leaving in January?

Now the 3 people on earth that don’t own Skyrim can get it.

Look you can put that up at install, not at game launch. That’s what I’m saying is screwy.

I’m kind of excited for Skyrim. I owned it on 360, and had about 125 hours into it, but I only explored about half the map, and ever since the Special Edition came out, I wanted to get it, but it never went on DEEP deep sale yet, you know? If you already bought a game for $60, you’re reluctant to buy it again until it goes on Deep sale, but hey, now I don’t have to.

I hear ya. I’ve kept meaning to get the Switch version and waited for that sweet (for me) $19.99 price but never happened and I finally broke last week and got it for $29.99. I had the 360 version, got the Xbox One SE for a birthday and was on the fence about getting it after all the time I put into it.

But no matter how many dozens of hours, I didn’t finish the main quest. Actually, didn’t finish any major quest lines and still had a ton of open quests. Mostly though, I wanted the Switch version out of curiosity. No matter how many videos I’d seen, I just had to see it running for myself on a handheld. I’m impressed. It runs fantastically and looks great. Shouldn’t surprise me as it looked and ran good on the 360 and the Switch is more powerful. Still. And I’m hooked all over again.