~The Game Pass Thread~

?? That does happen on install only. For everything I’ve installed via GP, I’m pretty sure.

Not for me, I install the game, go through all the rigamarole to do so, then when I launch it the game starts then the Xbox permissions thing pops up in the foreground asking if it’s ok to give the game permissions to access xbox stuff, this process at times causes a crash state even for some games, which is fun.

Here this is exactly what I’m talking about, installed this the other day never ran it, so I just launched it.

I think Alistair is saying you should only have to go through that process once per game. So once you give permission for that particular game, it shouldn’t ask you again, unless something changed with a patch or something about what they do with your data, maybe.

That lines up with my experience. I sometimes get that prompt too when I start a game for the first time, don’t recall any game asking for that prompt more than once.

exactly this

It is still annoying though.

Most games are only available for a year. Those are next in line, and FTL as well.

Yeah, a few of those here too. Seems to prevent me from playing Night Call.

cool, thanks for the heads up, I just installed Phoenix Point so I can give it a try before it goes.

I’m seeing this on a couple games instead of Install, what does it mean?

gpsmiley

Make sure you are logged in.

One of the things about Skyrim, is that the SE version has pretty great mod support on Xbox (especially compared to PS versions, which were gimped by Sony decree). And there are a lot of PC graphics overhaul mods on there (including a 60fps mod), that chug even on an XboneX if you stack them up. But if you have a new Series X, well, the sky(rim) is pretty much the limit.

Is Man of Medan good? I quite liked Until Dawn.

On PC started getting " We encountered an error and your subscriptions failed to load" error, seems like a widespread issue from doing searches. Off to run updates and see if that fixes anything.

No. Compared to Until Dawn there are fewer characters, less interesting characters, a less interesting core mystery, and less interesting environments to explore.

And that’s being charitable. There’s a thing that they tried to do with Man of Medan the the game hinges on entirely, and which can’t be discussed without spoiling the game. It had a huge cost on the gameplay and the story structure, and ended up having basically no payoff.

Oh wow, what a way to kill my enthusiasm. I will still try it though, since it’s free…but my expecations will be low.

I posted more in the “Indie games I played” thread but after also installing DQ IX and Doom Eternal and Halo Master Chef, what I’ve actually been playing is Monster Sanctuary which is basically a Pokemon monster collector/battler game with metroidvania traversal instead of top-down walking around. Good depth to the battling and cute use of your monster pets for giving you traversal powers. Solid B++/A-- doing nothing new or extraordinary, but all the bits here are polished. I’ve been having a hankering for a Pokemon game recently (my last one was probably one of the GBA ones? An android pokemon clone?) and this is definitely the best game in the genre I’ve played (although I can’t compare against whatever is the current gen Pokemon)

I would have much more interest in this than any other Halo game.

I did try the first one they put up…Reach? I tried to play it for a while but it was awful. No idea who any of the characters were or what I was supposed to be doing.

I was thinking this should be a version of Skyrim that includes a raft of good mods, but I guess the next gen versions are incoming :/ Maybe they’ll include a bunch of the good stuff from the community. I know, I know, but still.

I just started Pathologic 2 and it’s very interesting.

This one is leaving in a couple days. Recommend checking it out if anyone has the time.

It’s good, but saying why is a huge spoiler. It was the game that convinced me to buy an Xbox and the first Halo I played. Probably my favorite.

Sure. I just didn’t care enough to keep playing after the first half hour or whatever it was. Shooters aren’t really my thing anyway, so no great surprise. But it was free so I gave it a try.

I’m on the MS store & wanted to install Doom Eternal and on top it says I can play it and on the bottom it says that it won’t work on my device. When I click “install” nothing happens.

Anyone else encounter this?

Also when is EA play coming to PC, I think it said mid-december and thats today, right? Smack bang in the middle!

EDIT:
Ah… EA games are coming today on the 15th! Perhaps Doom will unlock later in (my) day when the US timezone ticks over?