~The Game Pass Thread~

What does it say when you click on System Requirements? The message at the top is just saying it’s on Game Pass (and you have Game Pass).

Also, what happens when you try to install it via the Xbox app? You have installed the Xbox app, I assume? That might be your problem.

When I click the system requirements link on the store site, nothing happens either.

Thanks for reminding me the xbox app exists! At least there I can click the install button & it does… something… and then gives me a vague error message. On the page it does say it requires “administrator approval” for installation, but never asks for it? I checked if I can launch the xbox app by right clicking and “launching as admin”, but that option isn’t available for apps.

Perhaps there’s an issue with the age rating over here? Its an “18” so perhaps my MS account needs to be verified that I’m an adult?

Does it need to hook up to some secondary client - eg the Bethesda launcher?

Lets hope it get it to work at some stage…

My suspicion is that either your Windows or your Xbox app or maybe your Windows Store needs to be updated. Game Pass is extremely finicky about that, and is terrible at auto updating, or telling you that that is the issue

Thanks, hadn’t considered that. My windows is still running on version 1909 from Nov last year, guess it might be due to that? Kinda strange though that my other Game Pass games have no issue with it (incl Flight Sim / Sea of Thieves / Gears…etc).

Oh yeah, that won’t work.

As @Ginger_Yellow said - it’s finicky. Some things work fine, but others won’t. Often I have to reboot after selecting a game to install before anything happens as well. Frustrating, but there it is.

I finally fixed my Xbox App last night.

It turns out a Windows Update had errored out a month or two ago, so after I manually did that update, everything else on my PC started updating properly, including the Xbox app. I had 39 apps suddenly queued up to be updated, including lots of Game Pass games.

A newish error I’ve been having lately is that after I’ve had Gamepass open for some time, it “forgets” I have a subscription and selecting any game, even installed, it prompts me to subscribe. A restart fixes it every time but a minor annoyance.

Whoopsy daisy!

Update on EA Play: Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in 2021 - Xbox Wire

Whoopsie indeed. They can’t be happy about having to change the start date at the last second, it’s not a good look. Not to mention that a significant part of the population handles disappointment . . . poorly.

Well that sucks, I was looking forward to installing some games today. I wonder what happened that they weren’t able to announce this until the very last second and at the same time aren’t able to give us a new date other than 2021.

I was wondering what was wrong yesterday. The Xbox App had updated and the patch notes that flashed on the screen said you’d have access to EA Play games now. But I couldn’t find them.

Aww man. Was going to install Andromeda on my new machine today. Guess I might try Deadfire instead, then, since I just picked it up cheap.

How did you track this issue down?

I went into “Settings” app in Windows, then update and security, just to make sure there were no updates listed there. And there was an update listed, but it said there was an error associated with the update. So I manually said, update now. And it downloaded it, and prompted me to restart the PC.

Wait, whaaa? They just figured today out that they couldn’t launch today? That seems…well, typical Microsoft, really.

Or EA. Or both. Those are 2 big companies integrating their offerings on the PC. If you have ever been involved in that kind of project in large companies, you know delays and inefficiencies are going to be a given.

Not to mention EA making a major overhaul to their desktop app

Monster Train is up. Please, anyone with a passing interest in deckbuilder or card games, do yourself a favor and give this a try.

15 days starts tomorrow. (On epic)

Wow, didn’t realize Monster Train was coming, been wanting to check that out.

Whut? Don’t follow.

According to my Game Pass app on my phone, I now have access to Among Us, MotoGP 20, Wilmot’s Warehouse, Man of Medan and Monster Train on PC.

And I have access to Code Vein, MotoGP 20, Beholder Complete Edition, Wilmot’s Warehouse, Neoverse, and Monster Train on console.

And I installed Skyrim Special edition on Xbox last night. I was disappointed to see that running the uncap fps mod also disables achievements. So no mods allowed at all if you want achievements? Not even graphics mods? That stinks!