~The Game Pass Thread~

Xbox, but not on PC

Yes, but only on console, not PC. Not sure what that means for the odds of coming to PC, but I would guess that it’s not great, in that Microsoft wants games on both platforms, so the publisher must have explicitly rejected putting it on PC Game Pass.

Not necessarily. Doom, Control and a bunch of other games were on XB a good while before they were on PC. Most likely it’s because PC game pass requires the games to be in the Microsoft Store, which may or may not be trivial (I have no idea) but it is extra work. On the console there’s no barrier to that.

So I suspect that most games that are on the console GP but not PC are because the publisher can’t (or doesn’t want to) spend the time to get it on the windows store just so they can have it available on gamepass.

The dev could be working on bringing it to the windows store so it could be on gamepass, but I’d wager that’s the exception rather than the rule.

I would think that Microsoft would have some type of implementation team to assist with getting products on the gamepass. Though I know it takes a long time for big companies to maneuver into a stance that will help overcome their pain points.

Thanks for the input! I think I’ll hold off for now and pick it up even cheaper (presumably) during the holiday sale if it doesn’t make it on to Game Pass this year.

Back to Indivisible! I’m still trying to finish that before it leaves.

I just finished Gris for that reason, ignoring most of the collectibles.

Somebody working on Game Pass acquisitions is a serious fan of the old NES Ninja Gaiden games. Between The Messenger and Katana Zero and then the upcoming Cyber Shadow that’s a lot of side scrolling ninja action. I haven’t tried any of these yet personally but I probably should.

I have the PC Game Pass only, and the only game I’m really interested in is Outer Wilds. But I don’t see it on the list of available games. As people said upthread, I guess this “cloud” thing is coming to the PC some time in 2021, but it’s not clear when. Will Outer Wilds be gone by the time this cloud thing arrives to the PC?

I’m starting to wonder if the Game Pass is for me. I don’t seem to use it much.

You might do well to save a few bucks if it’s not worth the money right now. The nice thing about subscription services is that you can hop back on pretty easily if you change your mind, or if they add that key feature you were waiting for.

Prison Architect coming to Game Pass for PC.

I finally tried out Donut Country yesterday. I really like it so far! It triggers that need to slowly swallow up bigger and bigger things that Katamari tapped into. Except this time it’s wrapped in a meta story that I’m finding slightly annoying and yet pretty funny as well.

The game seems pretty stingy with achievements though. I think I’m on level 9 and have only earned 3 achievements so far.

I blew through that game in maybe 2 hours. It’s an easy 1000 too.

Thanks for the advice, Rick. I might do that.

On console, right? I started the game on PC and was annoyed to find that it wasn’t giving any achievements at all.

I’m happy that Medium will also be on Game Pass for PC when it releases. Looks like you can pre-install now if interested.

I won’t be bothering chasing after a Series X until they are well stocked in stores and not a pain to find.

I did manage to finish Donut Country yesterday. Overall a nice amusing game, but if they ever do a sequel, my main wishlist for a sequel would be for them to extend each level and make the hole get bigger in smaller increments and to put more objects in each level. The most fun part of the game was just taking out the bottom part of a stack of objects and then watching the physics of things toppling in a realistic way. But since the hole got bigger and bigger too fast, I didn’t get to see as much of that as I wanted.

The biggest problem with this game, is there’s no way to really skip the pre-mission txting etc on mission replays. This would be a decent game to toy around with the little ones and just pick a mission but every time you got to get through the txting etc, really dumb design decision.

Oh yes! Absolutely true.

I went back to a few missions to get the achievements I’d missed, and having to text through all the dialog again was so tiring.

New stuff for February -

Couple games leaving as well -

Nice, The Falconer looked interesting, so glad to have a chance to check that out.

A bit disappointed about Ninja Gaiden 2 leaving, especially since it never seems to go on sale. I’m in the middle of Ninja Gaiden Black now and was hoping to get through both of them.