~The Game Pass Thread~

Huh. (Shadow of the Damned) Not only leaving Game Pass and EA, but already delisted from the store too? I guess a real last chance to play it.

Yeah definitely glad to see the Falconer and it’s on both console and PC.

Will certainly take that for a spin.

I own that one on disc from Day one. I enjoyed the original so much, finished it on Hard, I figured pre-ordering Ninja Gaiden 2 was a no-brainer. Unfortunately I never actually got around to playing it much. When I did try at launch, I’d discovered that my Ninja Gaiden skills had seriously atrophied down to nothing.

Darn. More xbox-only games I haven’t played yet leaving. It looks like my decision to sell my Xbox and use Xcloud instead for a couple months was a bad one.

World of Horror is interesting. I’m surprised it’s leaving while it’s still early access. I’d describe it as a mix of shadowgate, roguelike, with turn-based RPG combat. Give it a try before it leaves if anyone likes that kind of stuff.

From the new stuff I recommend Stealth Inc 2 (Sequel to Stealth Bastard).
Some of my friends loved Ghost of a Tale.

Perks has free anime seasons this time.

Yeah, I “bought” Season 101 of One Piece using perks. But I left Dragon Ball Super alone. All things Dragon Ball look really weird to me. I’ve never seen the show or played anything in that universe, mind you, but the art style just looks so ugly I don’t want to start.

Not that I disagree (Toriyama’s art style is a bit too distinctive), but You don’t get to make that claim after buying something for One Piece

I’m not familiar with One Piece at all. In fact, I’d never heard of it before. So you might be 100% right. :)

Submitted for your approval:

I don’t think I like this derail very much.

Glad to see y’all will get to try out The Falconer- I had a lot of fun with that one, though it does get a tad repetitive. It isn’t that long, though, so it doesn’t overstay its welcome.

I’m happy to try out Ghost of a Tale. That one has looked neat, but it was in Early Access so long (and I didn’t bite) without any updates, I kind of forgot about it. Speaking of, is there any way in the new interface to find id@xbox games? In the old UI, it was its own category. Now it seems to be gone?

That’s probably too much Team Ninja all at once anyway. The funny thing is I thought it already left game pass a while ago.

Yeah, I had already resigned myself to not getting through them before Nioh 2 arrived (the Xbox is in the family room where everyone shares the TV, so my progress on exclusives tends to be much slower than it is on PC). But I enjoyed the first few chapters of NGB, and probably would’ve gotten back to them by the summer or so.

Of course, by then the rumored NG Sigma Trilogy will presumably be out to complicate matters. I understand those are generally considered a downgrade, but maybe the new version will alleviate the problems?

Think I’ll go ahead and grab NG2 with the 20% leaving-Game-Pass discount either way, since (at least according to price trackers), it never seems to be included in normal sales.

All character action games are deeply flawed, so I wouldn’t fret about their relative worth. Sigma is inoffensive, just loaded with gaudy bloom and a second playable character that slows the original pacing. Sigma 2 is a different game that misses the point, but it gets rid of a lot of the trash. I still fire it up on the emulator every now and then.

Buying 2 is fine since there’s no experience quite like it. Keep in mind it might take a while to work your way through all the difficulty levels. Black is a little easier to stomach all at once.

There’s always the disc. It was no classic, but it was fun enough for me to finish. So, a mild recommend. Fair warning: LOTS of dick jokes.

I revived the thread for the game this morning after playing the tutorial area. I liked it a lot so far.

A game that got added to Game Pass (PC only) is Ghost of a Tale. I was pretty happy to see that. Do you guys remember when @tomchick used to stream games multiple times a week? I really liked this one back then, and was really impressed by it.

Here was Tom’s stream:

What? Damn, I thought this was for console, too. Now I’m wondering if it was ever actually finished on console? Hmm.

On the bright side, the PC version has Xbox achievements. And since it’s a game from 2018, I’m sure even my PC can handle it fine.

I have not heard of this, thanks for pointing it out. Looks fun.

Looks like Microsoft finally wised up. The “turn on recurring billing for a bonus month” when you redeem Microsoft points no longer works.