~The Game Pass Thread~

Does the recurring billing bonus not work at all now, or is it because you’ve used it too often? Nothing concrete, but people have said that they reckon you get 3 shots at this and then it stops working for a few months at least. Personally I had 3 goes at this and then tried last month and wasn’t able to get it.

I hadn’t considered that possibility. Maybe I’ll save up my points for awhile and see if it comes back.

Not sure if you’re using Ultimate, but if so, and the recurring billing doesn’t work any more then you might be better off redeeming reward points for Gold or Game Pass for PC and then converting.

Depends on your region, but in the UK, Gold or Game Pass for PC cost 6800 points and convert at 20 days GPU, while 1 month of GPU costs 12,000 points. So 60 days converted works out at 20,400 instead of 24,000 points if redeeming 2 months of GPU.

Again, this depends on your region, but in the UK you can actually redeem 3 months of Gold for 15,000 points, which provides 50 days of GPU. So, to do this 3 times for 150 days would cost 45,000 points instead of 60,000 points if redeeming 5 months of GPU.

The PC app is such fucking garbage…

Ok, at some point my external drive got weird and I think it ended up with a new vol id, it’s a fast SSD on USB 3.X so it’s fine for games. Now new games install/run fine but old stuff doesn’t run, ok no big deal just uninstall/reinstall whatever should be good to go right? NOPE.

In fact even if I change the drive to the internal disk the games wont install, they always bomb out. Of course the error codes aren’t on the Xbox support site list of error codes too. So basically there’s a bunch of games I just can’t access now as it wont even install them because it has some garbage buried in the registry or encrypted on the drive somewhere…

Unfortunately the Xbox Windows 10 app still uses the Microsoft Store to deliver games. You’ll have better success trying the install in the Microsoft Store app and troubleshooting the errors from there.

Could this be a registry issue?

Possibly but thavent had the greatest luck finding the right keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes

If I recall correctly, this where the microsoft store is associating the drives and volume ids and whatnot. I had a similar issue once, and I think I just… deleted the whole entry for the drive I couldn’t get to work, wiped the drive, and then redownloaded everything. Your mileage may vary.

Dirt 4 is now on the leaving soon list.

I picked up a Samsung Tab A7 last night and tested out the game streaming. I was laying in my bed playing some Gears 5 on my tablet last night and it worked amazingly well. There was a little bit of graphical glitching at times, slight lag at times, but nothing that really distracted from the experience. Now I need to find some kind of controller for it like the Razer Kishi.

Goodbye March 1sty

• Jackbox 4 [console]
  • Momodora
  • Mother Russia Leaves [PC]
  • Oxenfree
  • Vambrace

Vambrace worth playing through? I didn’t like the first twenty minutes, but that was just a tutorial.

Nice - thats the exact same tablet I got a few weeks ago, mostly to read PDF’s on, but nice to know it works for this as well!

Hey wow, DiRT 5 coming to Game Pass already! And Code Vein to the PC!!

So as well and console and PC there is now Cloud to get confused by?

What’s confusing about that? Cloud is the XCloud service, streaming games from XboneS in Microsoft’s datacenter somewhere to your android phone.

XCloud is pretty slick.

I was just thinking that the turn based mode in Pillars of Eternity II: Dreadfire Ultimate Edition might be a great fit for playing on the Cloud. It’s turn based!

That reminds me, have they announced if xCloud will be upgraded to Series X or S eventually?

Yes, it’ll be upgraded to XSX at some point, but no date on that. Probably when supply eases.

I really enjoyed Eurogamer’s deep dive into whether Game Pass is too good to be true. It was a nice read, really looking at from a variety of perspectives on what subscription services could mean for gaming, and whether it’s sustainable and whether it can have other effects on gaming.

They may have done partial upgrades to some of the cloud stuff. I don’t know about everything, but the Forzas load almost as fast for me as they do on Series. When I had a X1S I’d hit play then go take a bathroom break.

I was hoping we’d get another racing game when I saw Dirt was being removed. Expected F1 2020. Dirt 5, sweet! Wreckfest is supposed to be pretty good too.