~The Game Pass Thread~

Yeah, I was thinking Forza Horizon 4 for sure, and maybe Gears Tactics. Also Control with all the new shinies (since I’m never going to get my hands on a new video card at near MSRP). Plus I never played Halo beyond 2 so maybe one of the later ones?

Halo 5 is the only one from the Xbox One era and it’s not really well regarded. The rest are 360 era games, Reach is kind of stand alone as is ODST, good games but not exactly going to show the thing off.

Does that mean not PC?

Fantastic news. Perfect game for the service. I wish it was PC too, but just as happy to play on console here.

Man in one week we get an incredible Bethesda dump and now Outriders day 1!

Looks like just Console and Streaming at this point.

I played all those Bethesdas already. The only new game is the one I don’t get to play.

Sort it out Satya :(

This worked. Thanks!

I guess this must be the biggest third party release date drop on Game Pass? I liked the demo and beta but didn’t really feel strongly enough to pay full price on day one. But Game Pass, sure, I’m there!

Yea, definitely a bummer when their big tease is for something I can’t play. Even if I hadn’t given my Xbone to my dad, if I’m playing a shooter it’s going to be with KB+M.

Ah that’s a bummer. From what I hear it plays a lot worse with a controller. Even more so than most shooters.

The Xbox demo version has KB+M support. No rebind options though.

Sweet! Now I’m glad I didn’t get the chance to play past a couple of hours when it was on PC Game Pass.

Now I can start over on Xbox and earn achievements for it.

(It’s one of my nephew’s favorite games, so I want to play through it so I can talk about it with him).

Yay, another platform on which it can add to my pile of shame. I’ve not played it about a dozen times now.

Heh, yeah, I can’t count how many times I’ve played the first half-hour or so and then drifted off. But the people who love it are SO ENTHUSIASTIC that I keep giving it another shot.

Everything is coming in March except Outriders on April 1st.

Was Octopath Traveler only on the Switch until now?

This ongoing trend of games with PC versions only coming to console Game Pass is bullshit.

It’s been on Steam for about two years now. I don’t think they marketed that release well, if at all. Everything I’ve read about the story has made me want to wait for a deep sale, but that never came. Happy to give it a spin on Game Pass!

Of note though - the March 25th Game Pass date is its initial release on Xbox.

I wouldn’t call it a new trend (which you didn’t, so I’m not disagreeing, just supplementing). In a lot of cases those kinds of games make it to PC later after developers have had time to make a Win10 version, usually with achievements and things, different from Steam version.

Look at that upcoming games image for instance. Nier Automota, Torchlight 3, PoE2: Dreadfire Ultimate, Supraland, all have been on console for a while, but now they’re getting added to the PC Game Pass too, with Win10 versions I’m guessing that will have achievements, Xbox Live Awareness, etc.

The only game on that list that is PC and coming to console only is Outriders. That’s 1 out of the 12 games. Well, Squandrons too but that’s part of the whole EA Play not available on PC yet oddness.