~The Game Pass Thread~

Yeah. While obviously their goal is to long term get everyone to drop $15/mo on Game Pass Ultimate if they want to declare the PC version of Game Pass to be out of beta and worth the same as the console version it should be treated as an equal.

Oh no, Journey to the Savage Planet is leaving! I guess that lights a fire under me to play that one.

Personally, I spend more time on PC Game Pass than Xbox, so it feels like more than an equal to me. But that’s because I like PC-ass PC games. I guess if you had a PC and not an Xbox but preferred the sort of games that used to be console only in the bad old days, then, yeah it might be annoying.

Man I really liked the “tier 1” Octopath stuff and really kind of stalled out in the “tier 2” Octopath.
If you have fond memories of those original Final Fantasy games on SNES you’ll be tickled by OP. If not… we’ll, maybe you’ll like the art, and maybe you won’t.

Agree, that sucks. On the other hand, they’re primarily games I want to play with a gamepad anyway.

You… you can use a gamepad on your PC.

Psh… next you’ll be telling me you can use a mouse and keyboard with a console.

For me during the last year, I preferred getting games on PC instead of console because my PC generally ran them so they looked way prettier on PC (vs XB1). But ever since I got the Series X at launch, now console version looks as good as PC and runs way smoother than my old PC, so now I don’t care about the PC parts as much as console.

I’m sure once my new PC arrives from Alienware (ship date has now been delayed to end of April), the situation will reverse again, and I’ll prefer the PC versions again.

So many games being added, my backlog. Dear God, please…

Sure, but they aren’t on Game Pass on PC, so I would have to buy the games. And I have an XSX ready to go.

If it’s a game I want to use a gamepad to play, I prefer to play on my couch. Third-person action and driving games. The XSX offers a great experience, framerates and visual quality, in all games except the very newest flashiest on PC, like Cyberpunk and Control.

I can’t believe that came from the keyboard of stusser. I may shed a tear.

I dunno. I probably played a grand total of 6 hours on the XSX so far, and I’ve had it with game pass for several weeks. There haven’t been any games that grabbed me.

Baby steps.

It seems like they always come to PC, just a month later or so.

It’s no coincidence, it’s always games they calculate it will do worse on console than on pc.

So if I’ve never played any of the new Wolfenstein games, do I need to track down Wolfenstein 1 or can I just start with the sequels?

Wolfenstein: The New Order is the one you want. That’s the best one, and it’s also the first in this series.

Disagree! In order to get the most out of the series, you really should go back to the beginning.

It’s funny how Wolfenstein 3D was precisely called Wolfenstein because they liked the original game a lot and wanted to do a 3d interpretation, although in the end they did their own thing which was pretty different, in the end.