~The Game Pass Thread~

I won’t believe it until Melissa McGamePass tells me.

I doubt if the next game will be called Battlefield 6. There was Battlefield 1942, then Battlefield 2, 3, 4, and then 1, and then Vee (or roman numeral 5, I’m not sure). Either way, I don’t think the next game in that naming scheme will be 6. There was no 5.

There are some rumors that the next Battlefield might be near future like 2142 so if that is true maybe it will have a naming scheme like that. Battlefield Day 1 on Game Pass would be an awesome coup.

Melissa McGamePass please.

Ahh, nobody ever mentions Battlefield Vietnam. Underrated as always. I also sorta liked Battlefield 2142 but It ran like shit.

If the next Battlefield comes to Game Pass day 1, then I fear it’s going to be a microtransaction-fueled mess.

With that context I would prefer it coming to Game Pass the normal inevitable way: through EA Access a few months after release.

They won’t call it Battlefield 6. The buzz is they’ll do that annoying as shit title without a number like Modern Warfare did last year. Just “Battlefield” with “(2021)” or whatever year of release implied.

They should do a Battlefield 1944. I had forgotten they already did a 1943 I think.

The current new releases from EA aren’t in Game Pass day 1, for example It takes two isn’t, so I don’t see any reason to think the future ones will be.

It’s an EA game. Odds are good it’s going to be a microtransaction fueled mess either way.

The most recent one isnt a microtransactions mess. Unless you pine for cosmetic things to play dress up with. I suspect the new one will be fine.

Yeah, you guys must not play any EA games anymore. Sports games still have their Ultimate Team “problem” but ever since Battlefront II, EA learned their lesson with regard to microtransactions. It’s all cosmetics now.

They gave away all the additional maps for Battlefield V and implemented an in game store to buy skins for everything but you could also earn in game currency to “buy” stuff too.

Anyway, the only way that BF6 or whatever they call it is on Game Pass day one is if Microsoft arrives with dump trucks full of money at EA HQ. They’ve spent a LOT on getting this one right.

Oh, and it will also fill up your event log with errors warnings every 10 seconds. I repeat – JFC.

(There’s supposedly a fix, it’s pretty complex, and it didn’t work for me.)

Shutting down the Xbox app stops the errors.

I feel sad for sony.

I see that Zombie Army 4 has appeared on PC Game Pass. Sweet!

Have never once had that issue to my knowledge.

Game Pass coming to Steam?

You could fire up an EA Play game within Game Pass via Steam!

Inception Like!

Uplay coming to Game Pass, Game Pass coming to Steam, Origin going everywhere, it’s just a snake eating its own tail at this point!