~The Game Pass Thread~

Second Extinction is an intense 3 player co-op shooter, where your goal is to wipeout the mutated dinosaurs that have taken over the planet. Teamwork is vital as you adopt the role of one of the survivors, using a combination of weapons, abilities and skills to take on the vast number of enemies.

Solo as well, no campaign. Looter shooter-ish.
Looks interesting but early access & reviews say tons of bugs.

Are the games coming to Cloud playable on PC at all?

If you got the beta invite. I’ve been watching my messages, I don’t think I got in.

You could probably screen mirror your phone or something.

multiplayer online only for indie game is a surefire kiss of death for sustainability.

Put in on PC you cowards.

Leaving April 30

• Endless Legend (PC)
  • For the King (Cloud, Console and PC)
  • Fractured Minds (Cloud and Console)
  • Levelhead (Cloud, Console and PC)
  • Moving Out (Cloud, Console and PC)
  • Thumper (PC)

I enjoyed fractured minds, super indie thing about mental health.
You can 100% gamerscore it in 30 mins.

Moving Out is fun for people who liked Overcooked.
Thumper is worth trying for the visuals. Too hard for me.

Endless Legend is worth trying before it leaves if one hasn’t played an Endless game before. That series doesn’t get much love on QT3, but there are a lot of passionate fans of the Endless series. The games probably work better for those that lean into the roleplay/narrative side of strategy games and less for the min/max optimization crowd.

Looks like MS will be revamping the Windows 10 store and will allow unpackaged Win32 programs. Hopefully these changes improve the Game Pass experience on PC for those that have had some issues and dislike the repackaged UWP/MSIX files.

• Allow developers to submit unpackaged Win32 apps to the Store
  • Allow developers to host apps and updates on their own content delivery network (CDN)
  • Alllow developers to use third-party commerce platforms in apps

These changes will allow developers to bring their Win32 apps to the new Store without any changes to their existing code. In the past, developers were required to package their Win32 apps as an MSIX, and were forced to use Microsoft’s own store-driven update and commerce platforms. This will no longer be necessary with the new Store.
Microsoft will allow developers to submit raw .EXE or .MSI packages to the Store, and even allow those developers to host the app and push out updates via their own CDN.

That’s great! Genuinely useful.

I hope they continue to bring achievements to PC games on game pass though.

You are the only person in any of my circles still Gamerscore chasing. :)

I recommend checking out Rain on Your Parade if you’re in the mood for another little indie game, in the manner of Donut County or Yes Your Grace. It’s pretty cute and not terribly demanding, at least not yet. There are tons of fun little easter eggs and references, one level is even an homage to ‘The Office’.

I got a beta invite yesterday so can play them via browser on Windows or iOS. I’ve only been able to spend a few minutes with it, but so far it’s running smoothly. At least as well as the Windows Store app they were testing for streaming.
Beta invites are only going out to existing Gamepass Ultimate subscribers currently.

Do you need to request an invitation or it just goes out randomly?

As far as I can tell its random to existing XGPU subscribers.

Really? Thought the cloud stuff was android only. Is that part of the beta?

Yes it is. Runs in Safari.

Yes, part of the beta. I don’t have a controller that talks to my phone so haven’t been able to use it much. There’s a number of games that they added touch controls to but I probably won’t do much on my phone until a new Bluetooth controller gets here tomorrow.

Cool, thanks. I use a PS4 controller with my iPad. Would be nice to have this option