~The Game Pass Thread~

They get more regularly. My buddy has been using it to get GPU the for a while.

Woo, got an invite to the xCloud test! But, there’s an error when I try to fire it up. Maybe tomorrow.

Damn it. I can’t put this off anymore.

FIFA 15, 16, 17, 18 all showed in the Game Pass app under “Leaving Soon”. I guess EA got tired of people playing the older versions of the game.

Installing FIFA 18 now. I’m guessing it’s leaving at the end of this month, so I only have one week to sample it.

Luckily I own FIFA 18 on whatever EA’s client is called this week.

I got the xCloud test too and tried out Wolfenstein New Order. It was a little choppy and not a great experience but not horrible either. The PC I used was on Wi-Fi rather than wired and my internet has seemed a little flaky lately so I can’t say it was a perfect test. What I really love about it is that it’s a way to quickly try out a game I want a play and see if it’s worth my precious xbox storage. I also get sucked into reading a post here about a game or an article talking about why X is so great and it’s great to just quick give it test run. Assuming of course it’s streamable but for me GP has a lot of that to offer.

One thing I ran into that may be of use to someone else is that I have an xbox one controller with the PC dongle and it was telling me that it didn’t see the controller when I tried to launch. It said BT or USB only. I don’t have BT on this box so I cabled up and it worked fine. When I unplugged from the cable though I found it was still working so I think maybe it doesn’t detect the dongle setup but it does seem to work fine.

Or eat up your precious data cap. Downloading 60+ GB to try out a game just to realize in the first 15 minutes it’s not for you kinda sucks.

No, he’s talking about xcloud streaming.

Back in stock and even cheaper than before. I picked up another 6 months, so now I am covered until april 2024.

Just picked up a years worth, will spend the night entering codes. Thanks for the heads-up!

edit: all redeemed, that wasn’t so bad. $3.86 per month is the lowest I’ve ever paid!

So this game second extinction is coming to gamepass next week? Looks like some team based shooter with dinosaurs?

Well, that was an evening of entering codes into boxes I’m never getting back, but now I have Ultimate through the end of 2023!

I can’t believe I can play Doom Eternal on my fuckin’ phone. Not exactly well or easily, but still. I need to try more touch control games though, since that’s probably all I can reasonably expect to play on my phone.

So err how does the Eneba GP Ultimate deal work if you are already subscribed in advance to PC Gamepass? I am paid up to September 2023.

You can buy up to three years out, and you’re buying in chunks of 13 weeks, so you could buy two I guess? Or more and just not enter them yet.

This is a fuckton of clicking, but thanks for letting us know about this.

The replenished the codes, I could buy two more. In fact the price is now even cheaper.

Do the codes say anything about an expiration date by which they need to be applied?

I don’t particularly want a continuous subscription to Game Pass, but at that price enabling it for a week or two at a time for a specific game seems pretty compelling.

Nope. I’d suggest registering them ASAP.

Right, but that’s what I don’t want to do. Then I’ll have three months of Game Pass that I’ll get very little use out of. What made this look appealing was the idea that I could activate it a couple of weeks at a time, at the occasions when there is something there I particularly want to play.

But if there’s no stated expiration date, this is probably a bad idea. Thanks for confirming.

Here’s an even better deal-- $41.60 per year of game pass!

Get those carpal tunnel braces on first, gents.

Edit: I just picked up 10 codes to top myself off to 3 years, came out to $9.18. So current price is $47.74/year. Still beats my previous deal of $50.33/year by a smidge. 9 of the codes applied fine, the 10th I’ll need to wait a week as you can only have 3 years.

Screenshot 2021-04-25 125526

Looks like Dragon Quest Builders 2 is heading to GP. That’s a nice surprise for me.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/11053-microsoft-store-page-reveals-dragon-quest-builders-2-coming-to-xbox-one-and-xbox-game-pass-on-may-3