~The Game Pass Thread~

While I believe every game on an actual Xbox console must support cloud saves I understand that Microsoft has left supporting cloud saves on PC Game Pass (Or the Windows store) up to the developers/publishers. I think that was part of opening up the MS store with friendlier terms for devs. I sort of wish MS required it, but I could see how that might run contrary to the changes they are trying to make with the store.

One can always check the ‘Capabilities’ section of a game in the Game Pass app for Cloud Save support for any game that you are concerned about. Such as if you need to uninstall it for space or other reasons.

One other reason to purchase a game on GamePass… if you’ve bought DLC for it.

The free Raccoon City PD map is great.

The three characters are together in a 10$ DLC.
Claire & Chris skins are an extra 13$ each after that.

Jill and Leon aren’t too special.
Leon can drop a flashbang. Stuns and blinds the killer for a couple seconds.

Nemesis can attack over pallets, and gets a long range tentacle whip as the match progresses. He can be fun to fight against. It spawns helper zombies with him. Most aren’t a threat, but I’ve also seen them win the matches. They sometimes camp in front of lockers, generators and hooks.

Logging in this week gets you 9,000 shards and 500,000 bloodpoints.
The game is on xCloud to get that on Xbox easily. PC doesn’t have cross-progress.

Shrine of secrets has some great perks for the next 16 hours:

• Detective’s Hunch (from the Saw DLC)
  • Hex Ruin (buy on pc, console gets Hag DLC for free)
  • Hex Undying (from the Blight DLC)

Those are 1,500 shards each, or you can spend them to get a DLC killer for free.

Incredible. The new version of the Xbox App is finally able to list all games on GP without having to endlessly scroll down and up, down and up.

I am amazed.

App is still slow as shit though in loading and refreshing.

Finally! This was my #1 gripe with their app…browsing “all games” was a serious chore to get everything to load in. Now it’s pretty much instant.

Fucking amazing. I had to fire it up myself to verify because I couldn’t believe it.

Did they fix the unread notification coming back?

Seems to be fixed.

Re-downloading the messages after getting dismissed was some serious amateur hour

Another game coming later this month - Omno.

Here’s the steam page:

Nice, gamepass kicking ass!

I enjoyed the demo for that way more than I thought I would.

Goodbye games:

• It Lurks Below
  • The Touryst
  • Undermine

All PC and Xbox.

I liked what I played of Touryst, will try to finish that.
Couldn’t get through Crosscode in time last week.

Guess I should try It Lurks Below then.

One of the weekly challenges last week was to play Conan Exiles. Sheesh, I’ve been uninstalling things this week to make room but it’s hard to make room for a 100GB+ game. It’s huge! The easiest way would be to uninstall something big, like Halo MCC or something of that size, but I’m not ready to do that yet. So Conan Exiles will just have to wait.

I broke down and bought a 4tb external drive. Is nice to not have to worry about space.

Conan is available on streaming if that counts.

It counts! This was a great idea. I streamed it on my browser. It had the Xbox Series boot up animation instead of Xbox One, so I think I got the new Series servers for the first time, and I have to admit, it worked flawlessly. I’m really impressed. I saw a couple of visual artifacts and frame rate hits during the intro movie, but the audio was flawless, which was my main complaint before. Looks like they really got the audio to work all the time now. Very cool.

I don’t think there’s a ton of new info here, other than Crimson Skies and Blinx coming to Game Pass which is kinda cool, but here’s a bit that jumped out at me personally:

Ultimate members can experience Xbox touch controls with 14 more cloud-enabled games starting today. That’s a total of 80+ games if you are counting! Touch-enabled games are also available on Apple phones & tablets and Windows 10 PCs. Head over to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on  Xbox.com and experience a new way to play, no controller needed.

• Cities: Skylines
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fable II
  • Fable III
  • Fuzion Frenzy
  • Gonner2
  • Joy Ride Turbo
  • Outlast 2
  • Steep
  • The Bard’s Tale ARPG
  • The Bard’s Tale IV
  • The Bard’s Tale Trilogy
  • The Wild at Heart

Hey look, I can play Bard’s Tale on my phone with touch controls! That’s pretty awesome.

Ascent has been one of my highly anticipated Game Pass inclusions; I hope it is decent.

Not Game Pass, but also really looking forward to the Minecraft Dungeons DLC, Echoing Void, coming July 28th. The Minecraft Dungeons team has really been moving from strength to strength in post-release support. This DLC concludes the main story but I hope there is more content in the future (not sure though).