~The Game Pass Thread~

Can you wipe Windows again and start over? Since you just did it, now might be the most painless time to do it again, and now you know what to avoid. Just do all the Windows updates first before going for the beta app. (Or maybe try resetting windows first, if you don’t want to completely start over, I think that’s faster).

Is it still the case that the app requires some non-compulsory Windows Update?

My fresh windows install got 1903 automatically (or came with 1930).

Well woke up today and everything was magically back so who knows what that was about lol.

I had that happen to me a few times too. I think it’s the server at MS side messing up.

New games incoming!

Oh wow, Resident Evil 4, finally. I’ve been tempted to get that on so many sales. I’ve had this notion in my head that I just didn’t like it originally because of the Nintendo Gamecube controller, so i always wanted to try it with modern Xbox controllers.

Killer Instinct is fantastic. Bought it 3 or 4 times. I highly recommend checking out the “Shadow Lords” mode. The Xbox version has a little companion app with sound tracks, concept art, marketing materials and behind the scenes stuff. Achievement hunters can also get a ton of diamonds.

I thought MGSV was already on GP. Night Call is a brand new one that sounds really interesting.

It was part of GwG a little while back, as was Phantom Limb I think it’s called? Anyway that’s how I have those two games.

Has anyone found a way to play Night Call? I’ve been trying since this morning, to no avail.

It loads up the game, I press either Left Mouse Button or A button on the controller, it takes me to a sign in window for Xbox Live, once I sign in, I’m at the desktop. If I alt tab back into Night Call, it’s just sitting at the title screen, and none of the buttons do anything. The only way to quit is to press Alt F4 or to use Task Manager to shut it down.

I tried restarting the PC, and I tried uninstalling and re-installing and restarting the PC. Same result.

Just tried it, seemed to work ok for me I’m afraid. There was the sign in window, then it asked for some permissions, and I was left at the desktop. I clicked on the game’s task bar button (the only difference I think, instead of alt-tabbing), and started a new game. It was unresponsive for a few seconds on the save-file select screen, but then started responding. Using the mouse thoughout.

I just checked into Night Call. Still no patch, it just loads up, kicks me out to sign into Xbox Live, and then clicking the tray icon gets me back to this:

Where the only thing I can do is press Alt-F4.

I tried it out and it worked OK for me. Didn’t play a long time so I’m not sure what I think yet.

Night Call still doesn’t work for me.

I tried Unavowed. It starts off giving me a dialog box about not supporting my audio hardware. The opening screen showing the developer’s name is really really choppy, and then the main menu screen is so choppy I think that the game has crashed every time. But eventually it resumes. It says it’s version 0.8.8, so maybe this game isn’t out yet, maybe this is still early access? That would explain the extreme chopiness and the audio hardware bug thing.

Overall, I’m happy with Game Pass but it’s ridiculous how many different problems I’ve encountered.

But Unavowed works fine for me. Just starting out but it seems like a top-notch point-and-click.

Edit: Seems I spoke too soon because tonight it won’t load. The game icon takes me to Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store. I searched for Unavowed in the Microsoft Store and clicked Play and nothing happens. Argh, this is so flaky!

New titles to Game Pass:

Note: according to the article, Slay the Spire will also be available on PC.

Sweet. I always wanted to try Downwell, and the Ashes Cricket game. (Slay the Spire PC is probably not listed since it’s already been on PC game pass since it started).

Not entirely unexpected but The Bard’s Tale Trilogy and the Wasteland remaster will be coming to Game Pass.

Nice. Space Hulk Tactics was one I never got around to buying, and Ashes Cricket is the sort of game I would never buy but might enjoy for free. Last cricket game I bought was Brian Lara on the Playstation. Don’t think I have Jackbox Party Pack 2 either. Is that the one with Fibbage?

Game Pass is gonna be so dope next generation, when all of Microsoft’s studios are spinning out a steady stream of games, and you just… get them all, as part of your sub.