~The Game Pass Thread~

Going to microsoft.com and searching ‘game pass’ showed it to me:

Thanks, just after I posted I tried a search. Odd thing is I had stumbled across that page previously, only it didn’t have the button active to actually select the Game Pass. MS, man. Whatchagonnado?

The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 1 month for £1/$1 is an awesome deal.

I had:

• Xbox Live until July 2019
  • Game Pass until February 2020.

I paid £1 and I now have both running until April 2020.

I call that a pretty awesome deal.

The return of GameTap.

I’d love this if it were 7 years ago and I had a ton of free time.

Well, no. This is not the xcloud streaming service they’ve been talking about, you get that right?

Whoa! So I’d found and done the PC pass for $5 and discontinued my Xbox pass (good thru August), but when I did the $1 (1.09 with tax) Ultimate it added Gold, and pushed out both Xbox pass and PC pass til the next monthly payment of $15 in July of 2020!

Haha, I had Gametap for a few months at one point.

Wow, thanks for this heads up.

I had GamePass until Aug 2019, and Gold until Aug 2020. And now for $1, I have Game Pass Ultimate until December 2020. Crazy.

I’m not following you. GameTap let you download the games.

It is a good deal, I have just the one concern at this point - I’ve been using the MS Rewards points to pay for Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass - I may have just screwed myself out of that option, unless they add an item to upgrade ultimate there. Crossing my fingers.

That’s true, the games could be downloaded but the videos were streamed.

Sigh. I’m glad to say that another restart (after the restart needed to install 1903!) fixed my issues, and now I can download everything.

Yeah, I bet we did screw ourselves out of those. Shrug. Easy come, easy go. This is a better deal actually. Now I can use my MS rewards for just getting more MS bucks so I can buy more games that are not part of Game Pass.

Surely this won’t stay at $5 per month for long. That’s stupid cheap. At that price I might as well subscribe all year to play the occasional “extended demo” of games I don’t want to play through the whole way.

Yeah, I guess I got a couple years to figure that problem out.

I fucked up. So to save the rest of you any issues - redeem any codes before converting to Ultimate. I tried to redeem a 12 month live code after the fact and it only wants to give me 4 months of Ultimate.

Related, if anyone wants a cheaper 12 month code - say, 40 bucks - drop me a PM. Gone.

Does this include the PC Pass too or no?

Yeah.

Thanks for posting that link. That link got me updated and now I can at least install some of the games I was trying to install (like Wolfenstein II)

Yeah that update fixed all my issues, all downloading now including Metro Exodus

I updated to latest and it’s trying to sell me games with my Gamepass not let me install them for free. What gives?