~The Game Pass Thread~

?

Is that like Early Access or something? They’ve already put out a demo.

Indeed it is:

What is Xbox Game Preview?

Xbox Game Preview is a way for our fans to preview and purchase work-in-progress digital titles, participate in the development process and help developers make Xbox One games the best they can be.

So my Ultimate sub expired and it looks like I can get a month of PC Gamepass for $1. This is a no brainer right? I don’t lose anything and I get to check out Halo 3, No Man’s Sky and Fallout 76 for 33 cents each? Plus 1c for something nice for Satya?

I mean, it’s a no-brainer at full price, so sure.

This goes here, too

Carrion is on gamepass. Console and PC. Installing on both now.

Edit: Made it to the first save point. This is glorious so far.

Thanks for the heads up! I love it too… it’s got a great tone and feel. It’s fun to slither around those levels and cause so much screaming.

Wait, why I don’t see it on my Xbox app? edit: oh here it is. strange it wasn’t on ‘new releases’.

There was a big update for the app a week or two ago, did you get that update yet? Both the phone version of the app, and the Windows version. The phone one really needed an overhaul, and it’s a nice fast app now. The Windows version added a lot of functionality from the Xbox Companion App on Windows, which they will eventually try to phase out I think.

Sorry, I’m at work. I can tell you in 10.5 hours!

I love secure remote access.
https://remotix.com/

Re: Reinstalling windows. I know they’ve got some reset/repair options now that are different from the old days of Windows. I haven’t had to try it myself yet, but if it’s like the Xbox, you tell it you want to keep your apps, but to reset everything else. And it takes a bit, but then everything is better.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/download-and-install-ms-windows-store/e9d71c80-8399-49d5-9d92-a18add81a4dc

Yep, nuke windows, or roll back a few updates. :P

Jeez, I thought we left shit like that back in the bad old days.

I use Chrome Remote Desktop. Browser extension. Super easy to set up. Works like a charm.

Thankfully, for the most part I think we have. These cases are the exception now instead of the norm.

I dont get it, is there some reveal going on today?

They showed off a bunch of exclusives. Most were pretty trash, but they did have a few big ones, like a new RPG from Obsidian.