~The Game Pass Thread~

RPS knows whats going on!

This hot take feels not very useful without details. What where the big ones? I missed it, so I came here hoping for some info - it sounded like several very interesting projects were announced, so maybe a lot of this stuff just isn’t in your own wheelhouse, I take it? Lots of free to play garbage maybe?

EDIT:
Holy shit, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Fable 4, a new Forza, Avowed by Obsidian looks like it could be incredible as well as other big, cool looking things like The Gunk from the amazing SteamWorld Heist guys make me think you might just be hard to impress. :)

Go to the other Xbox thread.

Thanks Tim, I’ll check it out!

Your brand of enthusiasm for games was in short supply in that other thread! I honestly don’t understand it. Everything’s amazing and nobody’s happy.

Can’t speak for everyone, but I was hoping to see some games and all they showed were cutscenes. Really not what I’m looking for when it comes to a console/games that are releasing in a few months.

Trying to make the decision between A) Do I buy a new console? and B) PS5 or Xbox? Showing an hour of cutscenes really didn’t help. :(

Well, whose cutscenes did you like better?

You got months before you can buy either, so relax, yo.

That’s fair, @KevinC . I was coming at it from a different perspective as a Game Pass subscriber with a still-pretty-good gaming PC with no plans to buy the new Xbox. I’m grateful that Microsoft has taken the pressure off the hardware decision for the next gen… PS5 plus PC/Game Pass is perfect.

So for me, today was just an avalanche of games I’d be adding to my library for free* in the coming weeks/months/years.

I also feel like the line between cutscenes and in-engine gameplay is blurrier than ever, so I didn’t always agree with the folks dismissing the cutscenes.

*Not free. Feels free.

As a Gamepass event it was fairly decent in the look at these potentially interesting things coming to gamepass. As an Xbox Series X event it was a huge disappointment, little gameplay shown and what was underwhelmed on the graphical front IMO, most likely the result of their crossgen strategy.

Look, Hellblade 2, the game they announced the Series X with at the Game Awards didn’t even get a new trailer of any kind,nevermind gameplay, just a guy talking about the location.

Very happy to see that Dragon Quest XI is listed as coming to both PC and Console on the Game Pass App.

Note that this is based off the newer ‘S’ version, which is currently only available on Switch. And that there is no upgrade path planned for owners of the current PC and PS4 versions…

New content but worse graphics.

To the previous question of, do games offered in Gamepass sell well:

imagen

Sea of thieves and Halo MCC are selling well, despite the release date being time ago. Carrion is nº 7, pretty good for a 2d indie game.

Nowhere Prophet was added yesterday.

Today I see F1 2019, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and The Touryst got added.

All 4 for both consoles and PC.

I think all the reviews said that F1 2019 is the best F1 game yet.

Better than 2020?

I think the main thing 2020 adds is team management. But really, if you want that, you should be playing Motorsport Manager.

Nope, create your own team and car and then race as them, it’s a great feature

You can do teh R & D and sponsorship etc but it’s not overly difficult and really well done.

Hahahahaha. Most games are pretty terrible about the Ready to Start feature, but YK2 is really taking the piss. You can get to the start menu, and that’s it.

OH! I thought Touryst was still a Switch exclusive. Best I can tell, it’s only on Gamepass for PC… Hm.