Xbox Live November 2011 Update

Crap. System updated, it says all xbox servicecs are up, but I can’t login with my ID nor xboxlive. Is it maybe just inaccessible due to network traffic?

Updating now on the West Coast

Started up Xbox with bf3 in tray, updated, played bf3 for an hour or so, logged off of it back to dashboard. Now it tells me it needs an update and won’t connect to Live. Or back to bf3 multiplayer since it won’t connect back to live. D’oh!

Got it. Had trouble signing in to Live afterwards.

Hmm, I couldn’t sign in either and I think my TELUS IP TV broke.

I don’t have the update, but live must be getting hammered. Been playing forza and there is a 15 second pause before each race while it ‘synchronizes’

Live seems to be down. I think they are getting hammered.

I just got booted off while using Netflix.

Those servers are getting slammed.

It took a while to download all the various updates (Dashboard, Live, Netflix, etc). Unfortunately, the new Kinect firmware did not fix the red light of death on my sensor, so I just requested the repair process.

Live wouldn’t work. Then did. Then didn’t. Then did. Then didn’t.

Going to bed and trying again tomorrow. Good luck team Microsoft. Looks cool. Hope you get the backwards dragons fixed

yeah, live just crashed and burned in the middle of a race. Can’t get back on.

New UI looks…different. Great. Like getting windows 7 upgrade at work and now I feel off kilter trying to find my emails, respond to a lync chat requests, etc. Are these UI improvements “better”? Or just something different, like rearranging your furniture?

Anyway, I could give two craps about the UI update, but Netflix doesnt work! It just hangs on “downloading”. WTF? I’ve been using Netflix on my Xbox for a couple of years now. Was looking forward to watching an episode of law and order.

Holy fuckballs, this update is hideous.

All of Xbox live is down for me. My network is connected, my internet is connected (what I’m using to type this note), yet the system says my connection is borked and I should reboot my router. Awesome.

The interesting thing about the update is that functionally, it’s a lot more like the old blades UI than the NXE – LB/RB switch between “blades”, and then you cursor around the items on that screen. Obviously a lot more modern looking, though. And with about six times as many ads.

One thing that may help out is to log into the xbox.com website and accept the new terms and conditions there.

I’m pretty pissed that it looks like this update yanked the codecs for videos out of the dashboard, leaving me with Media Center (maybe Zune, haven’t looked too hard and can’t connect to Live anyway) as my only vid viewing option.

Or maybe not :-( When I visit the XBox Live website I’m getting:

This site may be experiencing a problem
The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

I was able to accept the terms and then it dumped me (via xbox itself).

I too am concerned with the new layout. I liked how fast and simple everything was before and now… not so sure. What I don’t understand is why my xbox can’t even see my computer on my network now either.

Everyone still having issues?

New Netflix is broken as fuck and ugly as double fuck. No skip forward, no images when reviewing forward or back.

I actually liked the NXE. Metro feels more complex and cluttered. NXE was very minimal in comparison. I don’t miss the Blades whatsoever, though. So, for me, NXE > Metro > Blades.

The new Netflix app feels a lot more like their PS3 app, and I really liked the older version.

Unfortunately, won’t be able to try voice commands until MS fixes my Kinect.

It is pretty impressive that MS can do this though. I can’t really think of a single console that got an entire interface overhaul mid-life, and this is the second time MS has done that for the Xbox 360.