Xbox Live Rewards

It will probably show up. I’ve had issues like that in the past, but one way or another, I finally get the credit at the last minute.

Meanwhile, I continue to not be able to redeem anything on the website anymore. Only on Xbox. I’m okay with that, I guess.

I find it often take a few days for the credit to show up.

They’re getting really stingy in their points now. The holiday sale bonus points this year if you bought $50 worth of stuff was 2500 points instead of 5000 like last year. And now, in January, the Quest Completionist monthly goal completion will only give you 500 points instead of 1000.

Bah. Hardly worth it.

Yeah, seen points not showing up in the past week for awhile (noticed because of the weekly “get 200 points” quest was being a turd, tho I finally got it).

Yeah, like everything else Rewards are getting worse.

Totally forgot to check Xbox rewards on the Xbox this week until today. There’s one task to launch the app for 3 days this week. Which means I can no longer get that one. There goes my 185 week streak. Oh well, it had to happen someday.

Yeah, now they’ve forced the daily achievement bonus to only work with game pass games.

Slowly but surely the enshittification is creeping.

If it makes you feel any better, you might have lost your streak this week regardless. Many people, myself included, lost their streak even though they hit the requirements.

I feel like probably everybody already knows this but I just learned that the iOS Xbox app (and I’m guessing the Android app as well, though I can’t test that one personally) will give Xbox reward points daily. You can get 30 just by opening the app, then another 20 by playing a version of Bejeweled inside the app each day. It adds up!

For the mobile app rewards, there is one more reward 50 points for playing a PC game. Two of the 3 rewards will give bonus points if you have friends on your account, which doubles the 50 and 30 points! And these 3 rewards are paid out every day!

This addition arrived in Canada at the start of this year, and just because of this, I can earn around $50 CAD in 4 months. Before, I only make enough points to keep the Game Pass Ultimate sub going.

This scheme effectively stopped me from playing my PS4 for around 5 years now…

I don’t see the ability to play Bejeweled on the Xbox iOS app or Android app. I’m in the US.

That’s odd. If I open the app then choose the far right icon along the bottom of the screen, the one with my gamertag icon, I see several options to ‘Earn Rewards’, one of which is to play Jewel. That’s not available for you?

I don’t have icons on the bottom of my screen, all the icons are on the left side like the screenshot below. I don’t see an option to earn rewards. This is the iOS Xbox app. I don’t see any option to earn rewards on the Game Pass app either. Do I have the right app?

That looks like the right spot, though my app looks different on that tab -

Ok, just tried it on my phone. Jewel is there, I played it and cleared a level. I wonder how long it takes for it realize I did so, so that I can get my 30 xbox points?

Also, 50 points for playing a PC game? I’ve been missing out forever! I usually launch a game on PC nearly every day.

It will tell you when you’ve played long enough to get points. I need to start firing up a PC game daily too, that’s just easy points.

Well, that sucks the rewards aren’t available in my country I guess.

You said you were in the US though, right? Because I am too. Maybe this just hasn’t rolled out to all users yet.

Yeah, I’m in the US, hope I get the update at some point.

I believe it’s the iPhone app only, not the iPad one.