Xbox Live's Rules Are A Train Wreck

Yea, is like a Internet where you pay for you internet conexion, and the internet conexion bills of the servers.

All for the privilege of being advertised to!

Brad, do you work for Sony or is your frothing Sony fanboy thing a piece of amusing performance art?

I know nothing about the console market, but it’s actually a decent software project manage practice to look at a tricky problem and just say “this problem must be solvable, so we will solve it later.” Assuming of course that the problem really is solvable.

Which is running Windows, right? How exactly are you sticking it to Microsoft?

And also assuming that the party with the “problem” is willing to solve it or change how they do things. That’s a fairly dangerous (and arrogant) assumption.

I guess I missed the part in this thread where Brad said anything about Sony.

One way XBL does allow for free stuff is for it to be paired with a paid DLC that adds more, like the Forza car packs or the Fable co-op asset packs.

So, clearly, the solution is to release packs where the free version includes the new maps, weapons, and other inventory items, and pair it with a premium pack with…a new hat.

(Only half-joking…)

Ok!

I would love to give my PS3 more attention and have many more real world friends on PS3 than xbox for some reason so I’ll likely be getting Portal2 for PS3 because of the co-op.
However, should I be hoping that Portal 2 on the PS3 will be superior in some way? And I haven’t noticed any difference in DLC in games that are both on Xbox and PS3 either.

What? This is out of left field…

I can’t believe you guys are defending Sony like this.

Did you know that every time someone downloads stuff from the PlayStation Store, be it free or paid content, Sony rescues a puppy and finds him a nice, deserving home?

Though others have mentioned it, that it was only recently Steam is getting on-board with the PS3. Gabe and company absolutely hated the PS3 prior to this year. All previous interviews when they mention the PS3 had them talking about how horrible the system was and how much trouble it was to develop for. Which is why the PS3 SteamWorks announcement was actually a surprise. This is also why L4D and L4D2 are on the 360 because they wanted nothing to do with the Playstation.

This thread sucks, because I keep seeing it out of the corner of my eye and thinking it’s about A Train.

-Tom

Have you noticed a difference between the current state of Team Fortress 2 on PC versus Xbox 360? I think you can expect to get timely, ongoing support for Portal 2 on the PS3, comparable to the PC version. That’s the whole point of using Steamworks in the PS3 SKU.

What are people defending with concerns to Sony? It looks like the main talking point is Valve’s opinion on how Microsoft runs Xbox Live.

ISTR that…Rock8man, maybe?..went and listened to the podcast that spawned this belief and concluded that Gabe really said nothing of the sort and that most or all of what he said about the PS3 was equally applicable to the 360.

ETA: Ah, it was Brad Grenz

Oh, yeah. In retrospect, the thing he was talking around was that they were on the verge of announcing PS3 support because it was open enough to support Steamworks. So while everyone reported it as Gabe slagging on PS3 again, in truth he was trying to avoid saying they had decided to embrace the PS3 and its open network policies. So he was actually talking shit about the 360.

Nothing, nobody was talking about Sony except for crazyman. I was kidding.

Ahh, so hard to tell with Qt3 lately, what with all the recent madness.

Back to lurking…