Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

It was the last day of the sale yesterday, so I couldn’t resist going in and buying something on the Series X.

What did I buy? That stupid Dolby Atmos app. Hopefully it’s worth it. It did help me setup my settings, and then using headphones through the controller doesn’t work, but using it through my receiver worked quite nicely.

These headphones are crap though. During the Dolby demo, there was a lot crackling and stuff.

I can’t tell if the Dolby Atmos sound in Horizon 4 actually sounds better or not, but I enjoyed playing it yesterday, both with headphones and without.

I was really, really surprised to see that it was winter time even in Lego Island in Horizon 4. For some reason I just didn’t expect seasons to carry over to Lego. But yeah, all the little lego flowers are covered in snow and stuff, it’s really pretty. And it’s slippery too. I had a hell of a time trying to win any races yesterday, even with judicious use of the “travel back in time” button. I was just slipping and sliding everywhere in my McLaren Senna.