Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I wonder if Hotstock covers Costco supply.

For what it’s worth, I have set up HotStock alerts on about 15 different 3080 SKUs and I’ve never seen a pop-up for Costco.

I’m 99% sure the one XSX availability alert I got was costco (before I decided to wait until later in the year to get it)

HotStock lists Costco as a source it follows, and I have gotten an alert. I thought about getting a membership just to try to get an Xbox, but that’s taking it too far.

Thanks. Yeah, I see Costco is listed.

@Charlatan I don’t think Costco carries (or in my experience has ever carried) discrete video cards, so I’m not surprised you wouldn’t get an alert from them.

BTW, question for anyone: as long as the Hotstock test alerts come in, I’m good, right? I can be confident I’ll be notified?

How long does an “in stock” condition have to last to get an alert on my phone, I wonder?

Depends how often they check, but it’s pretty good. I used it for my CPU and had a script checking sites every 30s, and the Hotstock app usually alerted within one minute of my script.

I also used it for the XSX but didn’t have scripts going for that as I was just half-assing it, I wasn’t hardcore.

Reports coming in that the new Chromium-based Edge browser coming to XS will run GeForce now, meaning all your Steam and Epic games will work. Only issue is it doesn’t have mouse+keyboard support, but that could change.

Sure it does.

Xbox Series X|S FAQ | Xbox Support

The browser app specifically doesn’t support KB/M yet.

Oh, and it’ll run Stadia too, if you… yeah, nevermind.

Why wouldn’t they make the browser support KB/M?
That seems like… the one application which would definitely have KB/M support.

That is awesome news. Man, I gotta admit, I’m really close to just buying another Xbox X and using that for my main “gaming PC” instead of spending $1000+ to build a new computer. Honestly, if I didn’t need to have a PC to do my CAD work I’d probably just get rid of my PC all together and go to some type of Xbox X and Raspberry PI 400 combo.

The official response seems to be that KB+M is intended for games, not for system-wide use. Maybe if enough people clamor for it that will change.

Why is there still no mouse support for Microsoft edge on xbox - Microsoft Community

This seems like the opposite of what the attitude should be.

Don’t look at me. The last thing I want to fiddle with on my console is a mouse and keyboard.

My gut tells me that a controller is better for cloud streaming games because you don’t feel the latency as much. Mouse aiming is painful with any latency but analog stick and controllers seem (to me) to have more grace period.

Not at all. Latency is very low, if you’re wired.

I guess Falcon is an Xbox guy.

I didnt read the Falcon part and was like “Are they doing an Altered Carbon tie in?”.

Guess that shows where my TV watching lies heh