Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Here is a breakdown of console exclusive games coming to the Xbox over the next year. I hope you like FPS games.

I feel like we watched totally different videos. The majority of the games in that video were not FPS.

A lot of them were indies and I donā€™t know if Iā€™d play them, but they werenā€™t FPS.

Iā€™m not sure how many games they showed in that video but at least 7 were first person shooters (cross fire, wolfenstein, exomech,Darktide, second extinction, scorn, Halo)

Americans like guns and shooting things. News at 11.

I didnā€™t count them, but at the end of the video, he says 17 games are slated to come exclusively to the Xbox and PC in 2021. So I assume he listed all 17 of them.

I saw a lot of Indie third person games, some with somewhat less than impressive graphics. Although some of them like ā€œThe Ascentā€ which is a diablo-like coming to Game Pass look pretty good. Plus Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon, which i donā€™t count as first-person, although I suppose if you really want to push the definition do have a first-person viewpoint available. Also who knows what Starfield uses.

Iā€™m pretty sure substantially less than half were FPS.

Iā€™m not complaining, it just stood out to me when I was watching the video. I think the Mech game and Darktide looked pretty cool and who doesnā€™t like to shoot Naziā€™s? Other than those I thought the Tunic game looked intersting along with the obvious ones like Forza and Flight Sim.

I agree, that one stood out for me as well and looked potentially like a fun title.

I feel like some bean counter is going to fire the BC team for spending valuable time working on that feature!

Iā€™m quite surprised they even bothered. Good for them.

Chorvs is not Xbox Exclusive:

Also pretty weird to include unannounced Wolfenstein and Forza games, and assume Starfield is coming in 2021.

I took notes, for people not wanting to watch it:

The Medium
CrossfireX - FPS (free to play multi - paid campaign)
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Tunic
Echo Generation
The Gunk
Second Extinction - FPS (Avalanche Studios!)
Scorn - FPS
Exomecha - FPS Robots vs foot (free to play)
The Ascent
Chorvs - Space Combat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - FPS (Seriously? 2021? Hahahah)
Forza Horizon 5 - Tokyo? (rumored)
Warhammer 40K: Darktide - FPS - L4D-like coop
Halo Infinite - FPS
Wolfenstein Trilogy rumored - FPS
Starfield - Bethesday RPG (2021? Hahahah no)

Besides Chorvs not being an Xbox exclusive, it is weird not to mention first party games like Psychonauts 2, but when I think about it, that was in development when they acquired Double Fine, so it wonā€™t be an exclusive, so it makes sense not to mention it in that list I guess. But thatā€™s the first party studio game Iā€™m looking forward to the most from Microsoft.

They also didnā€™t mention Perfect Dark but itā€™s possible he had this video done before that was announced. Also anothe FPS I believe but Iā€™m not very familiar with the franchise.

So based on that list there are 16 games if you remove Chorvs and 8 of them are FPS. Since we are noticing some games missing, it could just be this guy is really into FPS and that is why the list is heavy in that direction though.

He has footage from the Perfect Dark cinematic reveal in the video, even though he doesnā€™t mention it. The old series was a first person shooter. But since thatā€™s only just been revealed to even exist, I think he was right to not mention it for a 2021 release.

From that list, I seriously doubt that weā€™ll see STALKER 2 in 2021. The rumors about Horizon Tokyo and Wolfenstein might or might not be true, but I also doubt weā€™ll see Starfield in 2021. Still, Todd Howard did announce Fallout 4 the same year that it came out, so itā€™s possible that weā€™ll actually get our first look at Starfield in the same year that it actually gets released.

I hope heā€™s right about Wolfenstein too. Iā€™d love to return to that series.

I would doubt Perfect Dark is 2021. They showed zero gameplay during that Game Awards trailer.

Whatā€™s up with Psychonauts 2?

DF crowd funded Psychonauts 2 on Fig and are planning to honor all the platforms people pledged to get the game on. So, yeah, not exclusive.

Yep. Iā€™m aware. I got the Kickstarter tier where I get both the Steam and Xbox copies of the game.

Yep, itā€™s a new Microsoft studio that is still in the process of expanding, and with them showing nothing but a CGI trailer itā€™s extremely unlikely weā€™ll see it before 2022.

Best Buy is supposed to have stock in a minute. My brother has been trying to track down a Series X desperately, heā€™s hoping to snag one.

Iā€™m waiting in queue for Best Buy myself.

He wanted a Series S for his 1080p TV and a Series X for his 4K TV, he bought the Series S first, but Best Buy wouldnā€™t let him add the Series X. He didnā€™t know he could only do one or the other. Dā€™oh! I guess heā€™s still going to be on the hunt for a Series X.