Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I feel uncomfortable looking at that.

Who needs exclusives when you’ve got corduroy.

I would have thought the perfect Canadian controller would be covered in maple syrup. And bacon. With a side of poutine.

No, poutine is for the quebecois.

This is the canadian controller & (older) console:

Looks like the “Xbox has no exclusives” is going away?

The unspoken but implied word has always been worthwhile. I scanned that list and it’s hardly game changing.

I’ve never known a console warrior who didn’t speak up! Don’t be shy, guys!

This Exo Mecha game looks like it could have potential, and i hadn’t heard about it before.

Looks like some PlanetSide like mmo, with giant robots.

You’re an ignoramus.

Reminds me of Chromehounds. I never did play that game, got shut down pretty quickly.

Nah, Chromehounds was more like mechwarrior… purely squad on squad mech combat.

Chromehounds was really an awesome idea though. Great mech customization. Very cool gameplay concepts… Had some serious issues with balance though, as well as issues with matchmaking that early in xbox live.

As someone who played TONS of Chromehounds (weird wasn’t that a 360 exclusive, how could I play that so much…) I really don’t think this looks like it at all.

Ok cool, good talk.

Well, of you live in America, recall that the 360 dominated the ps3 that generation. I know my 360 got orders of magnitude more playtime than my ps3 did.

This is kind of crazy. Ninja Theory is working on two games at the moment, the next Senua, and Project: Mara (I’m not sure if that’s the official title)- which will all be set in one apartment. That apartment is a real place, which they’ve digitized at an incredibly high fidelity. Here’s a video showing that process.

This might be fun.

First things, don’t read my post here as being in the vein of “that’s dumb”, even though it may come out that way.

But, for some of what they are doing, I can’t help but ask the question, “what’s the point?”

So, in terms of a lot of the detail they’re putting in there, that’s cool. I mean, I’m not sure how it will actually impact gameplay, but it seems like maybe it will? So whatever… that’s cool. Certainly, if nothing else, it’s a cool technical achievement.

But in terms of “perfectly replicating a real world appartment”, what’s the point? I mean, in a game, representing an appartment that I’ve never been in anyway, why does it matter if it’s a perfect 1:1 representation of a real apartment?

If I just created it traditionally using rough measurements of the geometry, and it ended being off by a few fractions of an inch… who would care? How could it possibly impact anything? It seems like using a pointcloud of an actual apartment, with the stated goal of making this perfect 1:1 replica, is pointless.

Some of this seems like Chris Roberts type over-attention to meaningless details.

Again, I don’t intend for this to be negative, but it’s genuinely confusing to me.

I’m with you. Cool technical achievement but ultimately unnecessary I think. If you’re replicating some famous location, sure. A random apartment though? That’s no more or less “realistic” to me than the wholly fictional building in Control.

Honestly, if you replicated my own home, and were off by an inch or so… I’m 99% sure I would not notice.

It’s a new technology they are developing on a side project but plan to reuse.

I believe the goal in this specific one is to really create the illusion of being in a real apartment (and they haven’t quite managed the right amount of verisimilitude otherwise), which will make strange things happening even more disquieting.

Does that need to go down to modelling the dust? I don’t think so (haven’t seen the game in action). But that’s the “developing technology we plan to reuse across projects parts” maybe.

If you have played Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (if you haven’t, you should!), their use of motion capture and binaural recordings really help immerse the player into Senua’s experience of the world. It seems like, as a studio, they like to see how they can make their ideas come to life and are happy to come up with new technology to do so.

I don’t know whether the 1:1 replica of the apartment is pointless or not. We shall see when we play the game. It’s cool they have the ability to do so though.