Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I’ve got 3 controllers and they all feel like standard battery covers. Was it still hard to remove after you did it once?

The one that came with my Series X definitely requires me to push in harder to open the cover than any of my 360 or XB1 controllers did. But it’s still easy to do.

Just got a XSX at Amazon at MSRP. Hotstock app, y’all.

I don’t even really want it, but it’s so hard to find, and I figure I’ll play around with Game Pass.

And just got 3 years of XBL Gold for $149.97 from Newegg with a coupon, so that’ll give me 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for $4.19/month. Not too shabby. MS ain’t making any money off me for a loooong time.

I got in there and tried multiple times and didnt get it…you did…augh

Gotta be fast! Trick is to be logged in to Amazon with one click active, and then use the app.

I’ve only been half-heartedly looking with hotstock for two weeks so it really wasn’t that bad, compared to my 3080 or particularly my zen3. The zen3 took months and I wasn’t fucking around, I had notifications enabled all night etc.

Scalper prices on eBay bear that up, it’s going for a mere $200 premium.

It’s kinda discouraging that people who don’t even really care are snapping up what little stock there is just because it’s there. I’m sure you aren’t alone in seizing an opportunity as it’s been so difficult.

But then again, it’s only a console. I’ll wait. I’m sure Cyberpunk will be better by the time I get a console that can play it.

It really wasn’t very difficult, run the hotstock app and you’ll get one in a week or two. If they were selling for 3x MSRP like the 3080 I’d feel bad, but my own experience and the low scalping prices mean the XSX isn’t that tough to get.

Even so, if I hadn’t already bought the game pass I’d sell it to you for what I paid. But I did do that.

Well…they are selling them on QVC for $920 with Madden and some aftermarket crap. No thanks.

Seriously, hotstock app and notifications on. Never pay over MSRP. Fuck scalpers.

Following the regular Twitter accounts mentioned somewhere in this thread, Xboxes are available almost daily from somewhere or other. It will still take a bit of work, but seem to be pretty easy at this point.

This has definitely not been my experience.
I mean, they might become available daily… but then they tend to sell out almost instantly.

That’s why you use your phone with notifications. I hit buy now within fifteen seconds of my phone beeping.

It only took me four attempts. The other three were all direct from Microsoft. I must have tried over thirty times for that zen3, failing each time.

If you REALLY want one then watch those Twitch streams that monitor stock… Took me a week for a 3080 and I just had it up while I worked.

They notify quicker than the Hot Stock app… And you also get a sense from the chat when certain vendors get stock so you can be ready

There’s no way to talk to your party on Series X right? I tried plugging in the headset that came with the Xbox One and there seems to be no place to plug it into the Series X controller. And there’s no way to connect the Kinect and use that microphone right?

Kind of infuriating that I’m playing Halo with my friends after so long and all I can do is listen to them talk and can’t contribute.

I don’t understand your question. I’m using the same headset I did with my Xbox One.

Where does it plug in?

What?
If you want to plug a headset into the controller you just plug it into the jack below the crosspad.

Or use a wireless headset.

Two maybe, but one felt easier than the other. Glad it isn’t a problem everyone else had.

I took a closer look and one of the covers has a bit of gnarled up plastic at the bottom of the mid-hook. I’m just going to keep them off… no kids or pets to worry about.

Big sale in the store this week. Lots of great deals, and on 360 stuff too in a lower section.

Oh, I found the problem. It had been a while, the headset I thought came with the Xbox One that I was trying to use was the one that came with the Xbox 360, that’s why it wouldn’t plug in. After you guys assured me I’m crazy, I looked around and found the Xbox One headset, which has the right plug in. Thanks!

Ugh, that stupid 2.5mm headset plug. Back when MS was actively avoiding using industry standards to try to sell a few more high-margin accessories. By the end of the generation they were allowing USB sticks instead of their own memory cards and non-proprietary hard drives.

Of course they followed that up with mandatory Kinect, so…