Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

So apparently Stellaris just got a Series upgrade (that apparently isnt available on PS5? Perhaps I should have posted this in the Console War thread, heh). Pretty cool video they put out about it

Also, apparently weird-ass post-apoc survival crafter with big mechanical DaVinci land-boats Last Oasis dropped into Game Preview during the id@ stream the other day. Anyone played on on PC? Is it vaguely solo-friendly or all pvp?

Good lord that font/logo is TERRIBLE.

I took me way too long to figure out what the title was.

Huh, I was just looking through the Xbox Store, hoping to pre-load Outriders (canā€™t that I can find), and in the Coming Soon section, Subnautica: Sub Zero is coming out May 14th. When did that get announced as coming to consoles? Last I heard, the were ā€˜considering itā€™. Makes me happy, though, since the first was one of my favorite games ever.

On a similar note, Breathedge is coming out next week. The mixed reviews are making me hesitate, though. Maybe Iā€™ll wait to see if it comes to GP.

In Game Pass, thereā€™s an ā€œAdd to Play Laterā€ option for Outriders, which doesnā€™t explicitly say, but I assume and hope means it will pre-load when possible.

I used the Xbox app on my phone to pre-load. Not the Game Pass app, but the original Xbox general app. At least that is the first place that the pre-load appeared for me last week and worked well.

Yeah, I used the phone app to pre-load Outriders. Couldnā€™t find another way to do it, though it will probably show up as an option on the console in the next day or two.

Thanks, folks! That did the trick.

The option to pre-load Outriders or at least d/l it ASAP has been on the XGP app for a while.

In my defense, I almost never use the app for anything.

Itā€™s at around 40 gigs of the 48 install at this point. A while ago, the pop-up said ā€œready to startā€. Is that just the demo content? Full game doesnā€™t release until the 1st, right?

It could well just mean ā€œready to start, if the release date has passedā€. It would be pretty cool if it was smart enough to tie it to the demo, but Iā€™d be surprised. 90% of the time ā€œReady to startā€ doesnā€™t get you much past the main menu.

Well, the download finished and I just tried it, and it hit me with the ā€œDo you own this game or app? Insert disk,ā€ etc. So, no. They did say that progress on the demo would carry over, though.

Games with Gold for April -

Actually Iā€™ve never heard of Vikings: Wolves of Midgard or Truck Racing Championship, no idea about them. But Dark Void and Hard Corps Uprising were both pretty fun as I recall.

Hell, Iā€™ll spin up that Vikings game for a bit. I can usually get some mileage out of hack-n-slash aRPGs even if they donā€™t rise to the level of being exceptional.

Yeah, I do love me some ARPGs. But I havenā€™t heard of this one, and looking it up, the reviews are not kind.

Truck racing just sounds like such a stupid idea to me. Here, instead of racing something thatā€™s a joy to drive, race something thatā€™s a pain in the ass instead.

The two 360 games look cool.

Forza 7 already has truck racing. Canā€™t imagine this game is better.

It definitely wonā€™t be a Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing for sure.

I liked the Vikings game. Iā€™m sure it has all sorts of issues but I found it mindless fun when I wanted to grind.

Appears that MS is fine with letting Sony show them up in the free game w/ subscription department. And Iā€™ll bet this monthā€™s group was locked in before they announced the price doubling for XBLG.

That said, Dark Void reviewed poorly but definitely had its moments.