Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

No idea. They wouldn’t tell me what they did, just that they were adjusting something on their end… then bam it worked.

Took 4 calls to xbox to fix it but yeah. I miss the days when you could just call now you have to go through the site and randomly click options till you get the contact option.

Cross posting here. The demos are live!

Let us know if anyone has recommendations. 40 demos? Ain’t nobody got time for that.

I like the new box art style for Xbox games by the way.

More room for the actual art.

That Old Halo Infinite box was creeping up on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXnJraKM3k

Surprised that Flight Simulator being the first 1st-party Series-exclusive title isn’t getting more attention. It had to happen eventually, scalability only goes so far.

Still not sure what kind of reception MS is expecting with the console version. I’ve tried flying the Windows version with an Xbox One gamepad, and it’s not a great experience. Game really needs a flight stick and keyboard for optimum controls.

I intend to play with a controller on console. I don’t really know what to expect but what the heck, I’ll give it a shot.

I expect serious simulation people will buy a flightstick and HOTAS and plug 'em in. Everybody else will just putter around, go “this looks beautiful but how do I shoot the guns?”, then uninstall.

I did have trouble with the rudder when I used the controller on PC at first. I can’t remember the change that made it completely trouble-free. I think it was @Pedro that told me how to do it. It changed it so that the tail rudder goes back to the “neutral” position after you let go of Left trigger or Right Trigger on the controller. Hopefully that will be the default controls on the Xbox version.

Easier said than done at the moment.

What I’m curious about is how they deal with things like the Garmin controls, which aren’t currently mappable to (any) controller. Will they require a mouse to use, even on console, or have they fixed that in the Xbox code?

Just go to bestbuy.com and buy it? They have one in stock. I don’t know flight sim stuff very well but it’s a thrustmaster, should at least be decent.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/thrustmaster-t-flight-hotas-one-joystick-for-xbox-series-xs-xbox-one-and-pc/6287460.p?skuId=6287460

Good to hear it’s in stock again. The flight sim forums are full of people who have been waiting for months to get yokes and HOTASes, and even that Best Buy page has multiple questions about when they’ll be in stock.

Definitely shows as in stock and ready to ship right now, if you want one. My local store also has it in stock for pickup.

I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS 1600M <–I think that’s the right model number. I bought it for Elite Dangerous on PC. Assuming that’s not going to work on the Series X?

I used to use a previous iteration of the one that @stusser linked to.

I was lucky enough to pick up my HOTAS setup before Elite Dangerous launched, so not an issue for me.Though I have been successfully suppressing the desire to buy a fancy yoke.

Honeycomb, which released a well regarded yoke and throttle announced they would be developing models for the Xbox. Haven’t heard anything about them since the announcement though.

I heard Tunic is really good. That’s the one I’m most wanting to try. Although right now I’m trying to finish up a Stellaris Console game before the Console Version updates to 2.8.1 from 2.6.3 on Thursday, which I assume is going to invalidate my save (unlike PC Stellaris, Console Stellaris can’t revert to a previous version — Paradox says this is a Xbox and PlayStation store limitation).

Alright, last night before going to bed I queued up the Tunic demo, and while looking at the list of demos, I recognized Riftbreakers, the twin stick shooter/city builder/tower defense thing, so I queued that up. And I recognized Sable, so I downloaded that demo too.

Hopefully I can try them out tonight.

Is Riftbreakers just for Series S/X?

I tried downloading the demo on my Peasant Xbox One X and it said not playable on my device.

I could download most other demos like Sable and Tunic.