Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I guess I don’t have it yet because I don’t see any of those.

Thanks!

So I tried playing Halo Infinite on my XSX, but no matter what I tried I could not figure out how to start a game…

It’s in beta. Game play is coming later. Games as a Service, y’know.

Go to multiplayer, pick one of the modes to play.

You need to install the console update that came out today. If you didn’t get it automatically yet you can force it in settings

Cool new Xbox!

Now what’s with Maxim Magazine??

Good to know, thanks. I also looked for the cloud icon and found bupkis. ← how is that last word spelled? Discourse complains with both -kes and -kis spellings.

Where are you located? I don’t think it’s available everywhere

I’m in Portland Oregon, where the Proud Boys and Antifa “play.” But at least I didn’t have to pay sales tax on my XbSX. :-)

Yeah, but the start game button doesn’t do anything. Seems like there is a solution if anyone else can’t start a game: “In menu press start, then Y and download english language.” courtesy of reddit. Im trying it now, but the download is somehow stuck on 0.0 GB - great stuff.

Got this earlier today:

Dear Microsoft Store customer,

Because you are a valued Microsoft customer, we want to inform you that Microsoft Store has just received a limited supply of Xbox Series X bundles that are available for purchase at the Microsoft Store online by clicking this link.

We understand that Xbox Series X consoles have been difficult to find and wanted to reach out to inform you of this availability.

These are available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis. The limit is one bundle per order, and two bundles per 30-day period. Unfortunately, there is only a limited supply available, and receiving this email does not guarantee that there will be bundles remaining for your purchase when you click the link. If you try the link and the bundle is unavailable, that means we have sold out.

To purchase from the link above, you must have a valid Microsoft account. The link is valid for your account only, and the account must be associated with the email address that received this message.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft Store,

Microsoft Store team

I hit the link immediately – my son would really like to get one – page not found. Maybe it went out before they were ready? After several hours and multiple clicks – nothing but page not found.

I tell myself at least MS is trying to reward their best customers, the kind of players with XGPU subscriptions, multi-thousand garmerscore, and more than a few Xbox devices associated with their tags. So at least their heart was in the right place, even if the implementation made it feel like being screwed with.

And then a few hours later, the account associated with my gmail, the one with with no subs, purchases, or GS that I made so my wife could watch streaming services on the living room Xbox, gets the same damn email. With the same results. Way to target your most valued customers, MS. (facepalm)

Sure says a lot about how they value me then since I didn’t get an email at all!

Yeah, no email here. I never did use the insider app to request an Xbox from them, maybe RickH did that with his accounts?

Hm. Never asked for an Xbox, but did join the insider program.

They may be changing things around with the Windows store app changes. I had a Series X in my cart but couldn’t check out afterwards. I left it in there in case it would help when they became available again (it didn’t), and now the Series X in my Xbox Store cart shows as “not available anymore” instead of “out of stock” like it used to. Can’t add either the S or X to the store’s wishlist anymore, either.

Seems kind of ominous, but I’m sure it’s something boring and corporate. It can’t be fun to have something that would sell like crazy if you had it, but you don’t.

This one is pretty highly regarded I think, right? I mean, of the whole ‘Diablo-like’ genre, if that is a thing, this one is considered pretty good? I think I may have even bought this during a Steam sale but I don’t believe I ever fired it up.

Yes! Very highly regarded by me. And their gamepad support is great. I’ll definitely be double dipping.

Though I did install it on my new PC yesterday, and was dismayed at how tiny everything is on the default font size. Luckily you can scale up the font to whatever size you want, though it does make the game look uglier (which is what I do). I hope for the Xbox version, they do a more scaled up version of the font and actually make sure the larger size looks pretty.

Saw this in my news feed this morning.

EDIT: Hmmmm, I already have tick marks on both those settings. But I still didn’t get the emails.

If this ends up playing well on Xbox, I will definitely pick it up!

I was a console gamer in the early 80s then in late 80s got into PC gaming. Around mid 90s, with the PSOne craze, I got back into consoles and pretty much played on both platforms until mid 2000s when I stopped updating my PC components, and never got another gaming PC again. I’ve owned only laptops since, but aside from occasionally playing old classic RPGs, I mostly game on console.

But I had been wanting to try some of the newer RPGs the last few years and this year got a laptop (Thinkpad X1 Extreme) that could actually run some of them and this one was one of the first games I picked up. Was having fun with it, but I realized that I prefer to game on the couch with the consoles or in bed with my handhelds/tablet. Just last week I realized I could use a gamepad for this game and got excited, but after just a few minutes of fussing with assigning buttons to actions, I just turned it off.

So I’m really excited about this announcement!

Reminds me, I wonder if loading times will be much improved if I play Pillars of Eternity on the Series S? Loading times were insane in that game. Played it a bit on the laptop, what a difference. But couch/50" screen > desk/16" laptop screen.

December Games with Gold:

OK I guess, not terribly thrilling. I enjoyed Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet but then I played that ages ago when it released. Don’t think I ever played Orcs Must Die! though.

edit: oh, and because I know @Rock8man loves his videos:

Yuck, pretty sure I’ve gotten Escapists 2, Tropico 5 and Orcs Must Die free on other services already.