Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Thanks! Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks neat.

I already had Orcs Must Die. It’s the one tower defense game that I just couldn’t figure out how to make much progress in. I set my traps and started the scenario to lose really badly. Then I discovered, oh, the game wants me to constantly kill orcs myself, instead of my traps, those are just to supplement my killing. And suddenly I made lots of progress, I think I got about 6 levels in. But then I hit a barrier again. There’s clearly just something about that game I didn’t grok. Some way for the traps to be a lot more effective than how I’m using them. But hell if I know what it was.

I feel like I got it on GWG, but maybe it was the first one.

No idea how I own the second one on Xbox, then. I never even played the first, though keep meaning to try it out.

Haven’t seen much the last few months that I’ve been excited about. Still nice we’re getting 360 titles, though. I wonder when they will transition to only Xbox One, Xbox X/S titles? Wait, are there even any exclusive X/S only games yet?

Got as far as getting one into the online cart before they were sold out.

shoot, I hadn’t ordered mine yet and they are out at Amazon too.

Oh believe me, the OMD games can be frustrating unless you figure out how to use limited resources quickly and efficiently. Some maps make it balls hard. I’ve never gotten through an entire campaign, but I keep coming back occasionally. Basically you have to get to the point where you know what sorts of enemies are coming out in each wave, so you can figure out what you can’t do without in a level and what you can.

Occasionally you have to sell a trap/barrier you’ve set up one place and put it or something else up in another just for the coming wave.

Now I gotta think it’s some minor miracle I got one on launch day last year.

Off topic but every day it seems crazier to me that I’ve had my PS5 since one day after launch.

Man, the first 14 minutes are Sonic games. I can’t believe Sega made such incredibly demanding games for 360 and PS3 that neither machine could handle. But they play smoothly now on Series S and Series X. Fascinating stuff.

I’ll have to wishlist those Sonic games, they look very cool.

Wow those Sonic games look amazing. I’m sure the slowdowns scared me away back then but now at 60FPS they look great. I didn’t intend on watching the entire video but I did. It’s just incredible the boost these games are getting. As PC gamers we’ve had a lot of these luxuries through more powerful systems and mods but for simplicity just popping in a disk and being able to play a top notch version of these games is pretty cool.

Apparently in 3-7 days I’ll have a series X

The bundle on the right was apparently in stock (at a major UK retailer) briefly this morning. I don’t normally mind bundles too much but Jesus Christ that’s some price gouging, especially because most people will just get FH via Game Pass.

Xbox bundle

Wow. That’s the kind of bundle I would have expected from GAME.

Still no Series X here and still no rush to get one. But I truly thought a year ago that they would be plentiful by now. Component shortages are no joke clearly.

I’m in no rush to get one for myself, but I was hoping to get one for Xmas for my nieces along with a Game Pass sub. May end up having to get an S instead.

The Xbox Series S is fine, AND you can turn it into a nice gaming laptop!

The SSD is just as fast as the Series X version… and most ppl dont notice the diff between hd and 4k.

Actually that xscreen is pricey at 300… just get a nice lcd for under 200… 27 inch… you’re set!

I agree 1080p-ish is basically fine. The XSS has two main problems.

a) On back-compat titles it often uses the XboneS version, which is not only lower-res but lower framerate too. So you’re playing 800p games at 30fps in 2022. This could be fixed in software, though.

b) The 500GB storage is really tight with Game Pass.

This is me. At least on my lower end 4K tv I prob couldn’t tell you of a game was really 4K or just HD. Along with the game pass the Series S is the bomb.

Edit: like @stusser just said. The drive is small but I had a 1TB external lying around so use it too.

Based on the picture, that looks like the Elite series 2 controller, so it might not be that much above normal retail price (it’s normally around $180, not sure about UK prices). You’re right about including a Game Pass game feeling superfluous though.

yeah the 500 gb is small. i would only buy if you are ‘light’ console gamer. if you mainly pc game, its good to have as a backup.

Having a Series X… I’d say i play it about half as much as my gaming pc… and for me thats a HUGE difference than before.

Gamepass is also a very good deal… they really do have a good lineup of games.

I think you really ought to wait to find a Series X.