Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

In the UK, the Stock Informer Discord got me a PS5 and two Series X in pretty short timeframes. Don’t know if they do the US as well.

There are a bunch of discords, yes. If you’re really serious they’re worth following too, but IMO the hotstock app does pretty much the same job. I saw a lot of false positives from discords.

Easy peasy I guess. All I have to do is ask on Qt3 and they appear.

Quick, buy a lottery ticket!

I bought 3 years of Gold to convert instead, that’s the same thing, right?

Hells no, son. That’s a sho’ thing.

Incidentally, the XSX bundle still shows as available at gamestop right now, if anyone still needs one. $650.

Yup it’s been there for 7+ hours, I was pretty surprised that my attempt to buy it went through. Already got the codes for Game Pass and the gift card.

I’ll never complain about having a backup controller, it’s a fine deal, basically a backup controller, a code to slap on after 3 months of Game Pass has gone by, a free-ish game to order from Gamestop…nothing to complain about since I would have gotten at least two of those things anyway.

Well the game pass subscription is valued at full price which as you know is not accurate, and the $50 at gamestop certainly would be better off as cash in your pocket. If you can use the extra controller that’s pretty much list price too. So you’re paying a small premium being forced into a bundle but it isn’t insulting or anything.

Up for 7 hours-- this may be the end of console scalping, for Xbox anyway. Good stuff.

It’s been appearing in stock in a lot of places over the past week. MS may be finally getting ahead of demand.

I seriously doubt that. Still no sign of it un-bundled, or not tied to a retailers own paid membership program.

This is a pretty acceptable bundle, all things considered. I would never pay a scalper but if I needed an XSX I’d go for it.

Once it’s readily available in-stock with bundles, all it takes is one retailer to list it at MSRP and the house of cards falls down. That will absolutely happen.

Yeah I was not offended by anything in the bundle. When my first three months of my three years of Gamepass are up, I’ll top it off with the card, small loss, I guess.

Beats waiting around for weeks trying to race bots to a checkout button.

When I bought mine from Costco last year it just had the extra controller for pretty much MSRP as I recall. I didn’t mind that. I’ve got it as backup or to use with my PC if my current Xbox One controller dies.

It’s not like they made me buy a membership to anything or extra power cables or anything that will be unusable for marked up prices, the bundle is pretty good imo.

It’s OK, but paying $499 for the console would be better. Sounds like that may be a reality soon-ish.

Xbox is doing an Indie sale this week, and the games are more interesting than the usual suspects. Three in particular are on my wishlist, though not at much of a discount (25%).

• Cozy Grove- I don’t have a Switch, so never got into Animal Crossing, and this seems like a neat version of that, specifically designed so it isn’t an obsessive time-sink. Plus, spooky ghosts are more my style.
  • Wytchwood- I remember @tomchick was looking forward to this? Did it live up to expectations?
  • Airborne Kingdom- this looks like a really neat, simple-ish citybuilder?

Anyone want to comment on them?

2 days ago I say ‘I want a XSX’ and it comes Friday.

Much less pain than the six weeks i sat feverishly on multiple Twitter accounts and Discords and stock sites to get a 3080 in 2020. But still over a year later they aren’t readily available. Sucks.

Get to spend the weekend browsing Gamepass though, very cool. And I realized while typing this that I have PC Gamepass now too, holy shit.

You should also have access to cloud gaming on your phone now, if you’re into that.

Also, if you play anything on one device, things like save games and progress just automagically transfer across everything else.

I don’t know how I’m ever going to buy more than a few games ever again. I mean, decreasing time to play combined with increasing subscription games to choose from is just not a stable situation. Humankind plus Age 4 plus Flght Sim plus Warhammer 3, all on PC Gamepass? Plus all the console choices? Plus PS+ games!? Plus the occasional Epic game here and there? It’s impossible to consume this much content.

Just embrace your inner Marshall McLuhan: “The purchase is the playing.”

Note: I’m not being serious.

Or am I?

No.