Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Disagree. Money is a factor, but control is a bigger factor. What you can do in a browser has always been further outside of Apple’s control by nature of the web than what we can do in an app running on their OS. Absolutely someone at Apple is screaming about the money when their closed app platform is bypassed by an alternative solution in a browser, and maybe that’s even Tim Cook, but as a company I’d wager they’re probably mostly okay with this. It’s not content they’re responsible for, they don’t have to support it in any way, it’s not circumventing security or privacy measures, and I think they’d argue (and I’d generally agree) native apps offer a superior experience and so they’re not threatened that the entire App Store ecosystem will collapse just because you can stream games in a browser.

Now from Epic’s side, it could certainly be spite, and there may be bruised egos, but I think ultimately Apple knows this is fair game.

Ha yeah, I think Sweeney is all about sticking it to Apple.

Another general annoyance, the volume of the X is like 5 bars higher than my Roku or PS5, so I’m going for the remote to lower the volume anytime I use it,

If anyone like me wants to see more JRPGs on Xbox, Atlus has a survey asking about what platforms you’d like to play their games on.

Not really sure what this is, looks horror or at least kinda spooky, hopefully will be decent:

German scheisse dating sim.

Lots of Myst-like imagery.

OH HELL YES

Huh, interesting. Anyone try it yet?

Looks like this is a port of the one that’s been out on Steam since 2017.

That one was pretty clunky. I haven’t played it in some time…maybe they did a lot of work on it post release? I’ll have to check it out again.

Looks like Pac Man Museum was released (and is available on Game Pass) but also looks like it’s got some problems. Probably best to hold out for a patch.

Wait, that input lag is not on purpose? I played 5 or 6 of the games, I thought the input lag was there because it was there in those original arcade games.

By the way, everyone should play this game, it’s amazing. I had no idea Pac-Man was followed by all these horrible Pac-Man games. They are HIL-A-RIOUS.

The trampoline in PAC land is one of the worst things in all of gaming.

I don’t think Ms PAC Man is in this and it’s really the only worthwhile Pac Man.

Yeah, no Ms Pac Man. But it does have Pac Man Championship Edition, which brought back Pacman in a spectacular way in 2007. I never thought I’d like a Pac Man game again in modern times, but CE is so good.

Edit: For some reason though, the music in this version is very muted, you can hardly hear it. I remember when I played Championship Edition on Xbox 360 Arcade, the music was loud and proud. I wonder if this is the default volume they set in the cabinet version that they made? Maybe they didn’t want the music to be loud in the arcade cabinet for some reason?

Oh didn’t realize that. I have PC2 I think but the first is supposed to be much better. I’ll have to give it a shot.

Played it on PC and it seemed fine, might try there.

Games with Gold for June - I think Super Meat Boy is a repeat.

It is a repeat, I remember playing it for a little the first time around a few years back.

They seem to be running out of stuff. A lot of the recent games are indies or titles I’ve never heard of. Not many AAA games show up anymore.