Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Almost done with CP 2077 on PC, but good to know, thanks.

I don’t want to put batteries in the basic controller. Checking Amazon, a bunch of rechargeables are available for the Xbox X controller. Does anyone maybe have a recommendation in that regard? Cheers! Can’t wait to order tomorrow.

I use these Eneloop batteries with this charger. Just plug it into the wall with the pair that’s low, and sub in the pair that’s already charged. Very convenient. And they last many, many years.

I ended up getting something from a company called “Beboncool” which name is total “Engrish” but the product is decent-- it’s a charger with two packs of two AA batteries joined together, and the charger has its own little USB cable built in, which you can plug right into the Series X itself. I like that because I don’t have to futz with single batteries when swapping them out. Alas, I just checked and the product doesn’t seem to be available any longer on Amazon.

I also got the charger and batteries that @Rock8man recommended but I use them for other things like remotes.

Yea I have a ton of other rechargable batteries, but as you say I want to avoid handling single batteries with the controller. What you describe is exactly what I am looking for but it all seems like cheap Chinese stuff.

Btw, one nice change I wanted to mention. With the Xbox One controllers, when you plugged in a wireless controller, it would charge the battery, but still communicate wirelessly. With the Xbox Series controllers (and the Elite controllers), when you plug them in, they communicate through the wire, so they essentially become wired controllers as long as you have them plugged in.

I could see not wanting to handle single batteries I suppose. I used to use the little battery charge packs for that reason during the 360 era controllers. But once I actually switched to the eneloops, I never missed them. I just have a shelf on my bookshelf where I keep the charger and the charged extra batteries in a queue. The batteries on the left go into the next controller that needs them, the batteries get added to the queue once charged on the right side.

I use this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-dual-controller-charging-system-for-xbox-series-xs-black/6447523.p?skuId=6447523

No need to swap batteries, just put the controller on the cradle when it needs to charge. Only downside is the battery door doesn’t match colored controllers.

Well, I guess the product I got fit the category of “cheap Chinese stuff” but it turned out to be okay.

I know Amazon reviews aren’t much to go by but see if there’s a favorable one or two that’s not the usual “I bought it for my grandson and he loves it” BS. You may get lucky.

Got it yesterday, all set up, very fun for the little time I could spend with it. Another question I am unsure about. My wife loves Rockstar Games. GTA5 and RDR are her absolute favourite games. I see I can get RDR2 for the Xbox One. If I get a key for Xbox One will that then run on the X? I am very unsure about backwards capabilities and don’t want to blast 100 Bucks into the ether.

It is sheer perfection on the -X.

Everything that runs on the One / One X runs on the One Series S/X (except stuff that required Kinect).

You can get your One game keys for games like Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, RDR, GTA and play them on the current gen. Some get free updates too. Most are improved regardless.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/backward-compatibility/what-games-are-compatible-with-my-xbox

Thanks you two. 🙂

RDR2 runs at 4k 30 FPS on the series x. The 30 FPS is not an issue with that game. It’s a fantastic way to play it as I have had like zero performance issues and spent zero time trying to tweak settings unlike the pc. ;)

It’s installed now. Will make the wife happy that she gets a chance to play it too.

I’m getting a bad feeling that my launch day XSX is going bad. I’m trying one more thing, but I’m also posting here because I know as soon as I report it then it will turn out all right.

crossing fingers

Picked up a series x this morning. Looking forward to having some fun gaming from the couch on the LG CX 55". Only downer so far is that my HyperX Cloud flight S headphones will not work with it, despite being basically the same thing, including the dongle, and the HyperX Cloud Flight X that is branded for xbox.

Welcome to console gaming!

If you get the X branded one it will work on both but never the other way around. Now you know for the future. 😐

Yeah, just moronic because it is almost certainly the same driver, and they probably only allow the usb ids of the ones they say are okay.

Main thing I need to work out now, is my hand was hurting a bit last night playing around he CoD campaign. Likely just gripping the controller too tightly.

I used to have that problem with the Project Gotham Racing games. I would just forget and press too hard and tight around the controller, and then my fingers would end up hurting. Luckily once I realized it, it wasn’t too hard to change my habit and relax more.

I played a few hours of the CoD campaign. Really looks nice, and it felt well. I like that the xbox apparently can tell the TV to jump into game mode, and the proper settings. Thinking I should move my pc out there and hook that up to the LG. :) While the headset issue was annoying, I did have an older hyperx headset that can plug into the jack on the controller, so that will tide me over until I get around to getting a wireless headset for the xbox.

I eventually will need to grab one of the expansion drives with the size of some games.

I also started the tutorial of Hardspace: Shipbreaker, and loaded up a few things from game pass like Minecraft and Stardew Valley for one daughter, Terraria for the other daughter, and No Man’s Sky. I’m also curious to see how things like Pillars of Eternity style games play on here.

One thing I was worrying about the other day was dlc, but I guess if it comes to a point where I drop game pass, I can always buy the game if I want to keep playing it. Game pass seems to be a great deal though, so I doubt it will drop it.

And just in case anyone was wondering, here are your Games with Gold for November. No, I’ve never heard of them either.