Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I never tried playing Zombie Army 4 with other people but I installed and played it solo for a bit and… I dunno, it felt kinda soulless and goofy compared to the first iteration (Nazi Zombie Army), even. Yes, it’s more colorful and prettier, but it kinda gets away from the basics.

Just got this in my email, apparently there’s some sort of Paradox Announcement show done with Xbox on March 6. Three new games, four new expansions according to the site.

Ooooh, Paradox Tectonic is the @Rod_Humble studio. Definitely tuning in for that.

Hmm, I wonder if Age of Wonders 4 counts as one of those three new games. I think it’s been mentioned as releasing on Xbox.

3 Games with Gold next month, not just two!

I still haven’t heard of the three, but the descriptions make them sound kind of interesting.

Ha, I kickstarted Truberbrook back in the day. It’s a pretty decent little point and click, worth a try if that’s your thing.

Once again, the Series S gets the better design, I think.

The controller cozy made me chuckle.

I always forget about these, but someone might like this free play weekend stuff:

• Diablo 3 ultimate
  • Human Fall Flat (this is on gamepass)
  • Train Life

FYI, for anyone looking for a new controller, Target has the black or red controller for $45 right now. There is apparently a circle coupon that can give you another 20% off, however I couldn’t get it to work so it might be limited to certain areas or targeted to specific customers.

I pulled the trigger on the Verizon deal. I’m a little worried about the Series S’ future longevity after the recent issues it (allegedly) caused Larian with Baldurs Gate 3, but even as just a box to play retro games and some free to play shooters with family, it’s too good a deal to ignore

So er… this was one of February’s free games, and I have to admit me and my 5 year old already got some great laughs and fun out of it. I had it downloaded just to grab the free game, and he saw it and wanted to play it. It looked kid-friendly enough. You are basically playing soccer with baseball bats, hitting other players and the ball. It’s fun.

Sounds like hurling, the awesomely insane national sport of Ireland.

Speaking of Games with Gold, thought I’d share an article that includes links to GwG games in other regions that you can claim. I should point out that MS doesn’t seem to mind if people do this, I’ve done it several times in the past myself. And it doesn’t require you to jump through any hoops like changing your Xbox’s home region, you can just click the links and claim them.

Looks like there’s another round of demos available to try out for a limited time. I’m not familiar with any of these, but they sound pretty cool.

Thanks divex3. I didn’t get far in Astria before it left gamepass, but it seemed decent. Here’s the link if that article only shows 2 games for anyone else.

In…Korean if I recognize the look of the writing?

More delistings on the Xbox store.

I still haven’t played the Bad Company campaigns, I only played (and enjoyed the multiplayer).

I think I have them both on disc, as well as Mirror’s Edge, which is also leaving. I think we own them through Xbox Live Gold at some point too maybe? I’ll have to check.

They’re being delisted from all digital storefronts, so if you want to play them you probably should jump on that.

Is that what will happen in the future? Eventually, no more 360 games in the digital store? I mean, those aren’t all fully multi-player games, so couldn’t they just kill those servers and still sell the games indefinitely for the single player content?

Well, the campaigns should still play fine even after delisting, though the multiplayer will be shutdown. I’m guessing time comparison and leaderboards too, which is a shame, but inevitable I guess.

Still, that’s not as egregious as more shorter window delisting like some of Nintendo’s. In the case of Mirror’s Edge, it’s been out since November 2008, so that’s about 14.5 years.