Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Heh, I actually bought The Vale a few months back- it was on sale, and I played the demo during one of those Demo Fest things a few years back, and I was intrigued. I haven’t actually dug into the actual game yet, though. It is a really neat concept, and I’ll get to it one of these days.

I’ve made my peace with it. Sometimes there’s stuff I want to play, sometime there’s not, it’s just more a matter of expectations. I still look forward to Game Pass reveals each month, whereas with GwG I am actually a little surprised when they have something I’m interested in playing.

Yeah, both of those are the exact sort of thing I love to see showing up on GwG. Games that are attempting something novel, which I’d probably never buy, but am glad to have a chance to try without risk.

Pure Xbox recently updated their list of games on Xbox that support mouse and keyboard. Wow, that’s a pretty long list now. Kind of crazy.

This may not interest anybody but me, but I thought this story about Xbox deleting a glitchy and unobtainable achievement was noteworthy. Apparently the achievement never worked and nobody ever had it, so now it’s just gone. Kind of interesting that game developers can’t remove an achievement once it’s placed, and have to request that Xbox do this, I’m guessing it’s not something that happens very often (maybe never, I’m not sure). It’s not exactly the same thing, but it’s always bugged me that the 360 version of Fable had an achievement that required Smartglass linking that’s impossible to obtain anymore, since Smartglass integration no longer exists. Yeah I know, minor issue in the grand scheme of things, just one of those little annoyances.

Just watched the big presentation thingy microsoft did for their upcoming xbox games. Not enough hours in the day! But I do expect put my HOTAS down for starfield for a month or three when that comes out! Yummy!

It’s a smart way to increase the price, which they admitted back in December they were going to have to figure out how to do.

They should have bumped RAM up to 12GB while they were at it.

Loving the new finish. Much nicer than the Oreo cookie look.

Yeah, the RAM really holds this back.

Signals is one of Rush’s worst albums.

I disagree, not only do I think it’s easily Rush’s best album (although I like Moving Pictures as well), it’s probably my favorite rock album, hence why I’m using the avatar.

(I was just messing with you… but REALLY? Their best? Well, that’s different!).

Can’t say it’s my favorite Rush album, but I do like Analog Kid a bunch.

Interesting article with Phil Spencer over at Polygon:

This bit jumped out at me:

Let’s take South of Midnight . Like you saw, the game got announced [during the Xbox Games Showcase]. We had that game ready to announce last year. But we said, let’s keep working on the game. Let’s keep working on the announcement. It’s OK to hold the announce. Or, let’s take Clockwork [Revolution ]. When I was here at E3 last year, I was at inXile playing that game. Not looking at the announcement video, but actually playing that game. And I come back this year down at inXile, playing it again with that team, going through the latest builds.

Waiting a bit longer to make their announcements on some of these games.

Okay, but… if they had enough of SoM to announce last year, why didn’t they show any gameplay this year? It has a very cool looking style, but we don’t even know what kind of game it is.

I hated the South of Midnight trailer because it told us nothing of the game play.

Also, Xbox just dropped some more stuff on their YT channel. A whole pile of Indie games going to GP (including Wandering Village in July! I’ve been interested in that one).

A deeper dive into The First Descendant (FtP Looter-shooter with cross-play), looks like somewhere between Warframe and Anthem, with a grappling hook.

And a release day trailer for The Lamplighters League, Day 1 on GP (Oct. 3rd, for those who don’t want to watch)

Among a bunch of others.

Yeah, I put a link to that first video over in the Game Pass thread, since everything in it will be a day one Game Pass release.

Just saw that! And replied to you, too, heh.