Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Series S is a boat anchor on this generation of consoles.

Yep, if they wanted to have a drive-less SKU they should have done what Sony did and just do that.

Do I have it right that the two PS5 SKUs are otherwise identical (except for the size of course)? Or does one have less storage as well?

They are identical outside of the addition of a drive to play discs.

I was at one of the local game sellers today. He said a lot of dire stuff about Xbox as far as his store goes for selling new games. Itā€™s like 10:1 Sony to Microsoft when he orders and he didnā€™t even get any Starfield to sell. A $100 million dollar game and itā€™s not even found in stores. His distributor, whoā€™s been around 30 years, said heā€™s one of the last places ordering Xbox games new. They just donā€™t sell.

He IS looking forward to the 360 generation aging into nostalgia and collecting, but still isnā€™t sure if it will happen for that system as it has for everything else right now.

The goal was to sell a ā€œnext-genā€ system that undercut the PS5 on price. Going drive-less was fine but not the point.

Oh good, is this where we do another round of ā€œMS is totally going to get out of the video game businessā€ again?

Get out of the physical game disc business? Yes. There have been a lot of rumors lately they are headed that way for the next generation.

Microsoft is totally getting out of the disc business. The new Series X has no disc drive. It looks like a big Alexa.

Oh man, thatā€™s gonna suck since thereā€™s totally no other way to play Xbox games.

Yeah, I donā€™t think weā€™ve used our drive except for maybe to watch a movie. Iā€™d much rather it go away if it means we can get a smaller device.

I didnā€™t even remember that my Series X had a disc drive.

Iā€™ll miss discs because I can nearly always buy games cheaper that way.

I got a great deal on the Xbox elite controller when I got my Xbox X and Iā€™ve gotta say I love the under the controller paddles.

Back when I had an Xbox and PS3 Iā€™d just read which game looked best on which console. Not sure which console Iā€™ll get Cyberpunk once I finish with Starfield

This is driving me crazy. Switched to my Xbox elite controller. What is the screenshot button???

The standard button just below and left of the big Xbox button changes POV

A dedicated screenshot button was only added with the Series X/S controller redesign, so the Elite doesnā€™t have that button. You can take one with the Xbox button and then Y. Might be possible to map to a back paddle on the elite ā€“ Iā€™ve never tried that.

Thanks, canā€™t seem to map anything. When I take a shot that way it appears to take around 5 screens of the same thing.

Has there been anything concrete (one way or the other) on WoW coming to the Series X? I know FF14 is coming next Spring but wondered about WoW now that the acquisition is happening. I canā€™t find anything but wishes and hopes online at this point.

Free to play games for this weekend have been announced, I mention this primarily because interestingly enough, Diablo 4 is one of them:

Additionally, Diablo IV is free for all Xbox members from October 19 until October 22 (Game Pass Core / Game Pass Ultimate not required) with a 10-hour gameplay trial.

Not sure why World of Warcraft would be coming to consoles anytime soon. Has that ever been a thing? It would take a whole new version of the game for them to do that using code thatā€™s probably as old as the late '90s.

Not an announced thing no, but they added full controller compatibility recently so it is possible.