Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

OK, may be time to put my money where my mouth is. I said this about Gangs of Sherwood in another thread:

Well, looks like Gangs of Sherwood is getting a free play on Xbox this weekend, alongside Age of Wonders 4 and Deceive, Inc.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard of any of these games, but hopefully will be an interesting showcase.

After spending 30 minutes fruitlessly trying to get Windows Update to work, I gave up and went to my Xbox. Here’s this week’s Rewards Weekly Set.

MS keeps knocking it out of the park! (But at least I got 10 points, I guess.)

Haha I’m getting the same thing.

Xbox Partner Event Live Now.

Uknown9 - Looks interesting. Coming out this summer.

RiffRaff has a third person Stealth game with cards? “Sleight of Hand” looked pretty cool.

“The Alters” looks really cool.

Sci-fi base(wheel) building sim, with sims-like personalities of the workers, with some survival/crafting outside the base. The base is a huge wheel that you can move around the planet, away from the sunrise that will destroy it.

Awesome concept.

Creatures of Ava - Third person action with creatures and some pokemon-y stuff? Collecting creatures to rescue them from a dying planet? Could be neat.

Ah… we get an ad for a Roblox Chucky game… (NOT IN ENGINE) splashed all over the trailer.

Probably could have skipped putting that one in the showcase.

STALKER - Trilogy re-release available today (didn’t see a Gamepass tag)

The Alters does look cool, though I’m not sure how on board I am with the concept of arbitrating arguments between all the little clones running around on my base. But, if it’s not a huge part of the game, I may give it a shot.

edit: more details about the various games showcased below. I must admit, I did not see a console release of the previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games coming, and I get a little shudder through me thinking about tackling that game’s difficulty with a controller. But hey, they were fun!

I wonder if they are trying to cash in on the popularity of the games recently with all of the GAMMA mod play that has been around.

Heh, I remember 20 years ago when they kept talking about STALKER coming out on the original Xbox, and I so wanted to play it. It happened eventually!

Hmmmm. The buttons on my MS Xbox Elite 2 controller seem to be wearing out? E.g. taking a couple of pushes of the A button to get it to register. Paid too much (even with a 50% off coupon) for this to start acting up like this. I don’t mind spending a lot of money on a controller if it makes game play better and it is robust.

Hey guys check it out the Xbox Series S is down to only forty dollars!!!1!!!ii!!!1!!!

Slickdeals link

“Happy birthday Billy! I got you an Xbox…”

(Boy is overjoyed)

“Series S…”

(Boy is markedly less enthused)

“… toaster.”

I watched the showcase after getting home. And yeah, the Roblox Chucky game really stood out as the one that didn’t fit in with the rest.

Are any of the feature games planned to launch on game pass?

It’s been bugging me since I watched the partner preview yesterday, but if you’ll recall the first game shown called Unknown 9 - the main character looked very familiar and I think I’ve placed her. She looks just like the actress that played Yennefer in the Netflix series, and I’m assuming that isn’t a coincidence, guessing she must have done mocap for this?

Just as I was typing that up, I came across this article on Bandai Namco’s site where they officially revealed that yes, this character is being played by Anya Chalotra, who played Yennefer. I’ll leave all the other stuff up because what the heck.

Age of Booty, the Xbox 360 pirate-themed light strategy game, will be delisted from the Xbox marketplace on March 27. If you’ve never played it and want to grab it sometime in the coming week, it’s been dropped to $.99 until it’s gone. It’s a fun little game, totally worth a buck.

I’d say it was a top 10 XBLA game.

I don’t think anyone other than here will appreciate this (and probably not most people here). I have an unhealthy addiction to achievements.

Today, thanks to TrueAchievement’s tracker: a 1,000 day achievement streak. It’s a silly thing, but I’m proud of it. I’m also now going to end that streak and stop chasing achievements for a while.

IMG_5053

Ha yeah, my game score crept over half a million this weekend. Yikes …