Xbox vs 360 w/o HD

Gamespot’s got image comparisons here

hooray sports.

Just to be clear: This is comparing Xbox 1 games with Xbox 360 games in 480i. I was hoping for some 480i to 720p comparison shots.

So the lack of HD doesn’t hurt a good game, but on a shoddy port, the high def is the only thing the 360 versions having going for them. Sounds about right, certainly more a reflection on the individual games than the 360 itself.

The disappointing part to me was the trimming of features and content in some of them. I don’t really care if I can now see individual blades of grass if it means getting less than half the courses/levels of the previous version.

Hopefully that’s just a symptom of being rushed for launch than a continuing trend.

(insert standard development costs vs. content quantity vs. game cost discussion here)

but dont you get the priviledge of paying $10 more for the shittier prettier version? Is that not worth something itself, supporting EA?

Same thing happened with a lot of the launch PSP titles, it’s just a launch thing.

The PSP fits in your pocket. The 360 power supply alone is big enough to be a sleeper sofa for rats.

If you don’t buy the higher priced version, you are stealing money directly from the developers!

If you don’t buy the higher priced version, you are stealing money directly from the developers![/quote]

haha! I laughed out loud at this one!

–Dave

Some of those comparison shots (esp. the 2K games) remind me of the Odyssey3 approach to graphics improvement. You win the Old Fart™ award if you ever read about that in the original Electronic Games magazine.