Xcom 2

They could definitely surface some more cues. They are moving in that direction. They devs has said that one boring reason they haven’t is simply that making any mods to the strategy map is such a bear – you might have noticed that despite so many XCOM 2 mods, there are still only a few add any UI to the strategy map layer.

May I have this expansion now, please?

I haven’t clicked the link yet to find out (at work), but if the video doesn’t have Blue Oyster Cult playing in the background then I’m going to be very disappointed. (there should also be a mod after this releases called “More cow bell”)

So to prepare for the new DLC I’ve started playing again. Forgot how good this game is. it’s back in rotation in a big way.

I just wrapped up another run myself last week, it was some good fun and as you said reminded me how much I enjoyed this one.

For those looking for a discount on War of the Chosen:

I ran into a bug a few hours in where my soldier couldn’t move for no apparent reason and lost interest.

$30 even is still pretty disappointing unless it is a lot bigger than it looks.

That is some crazy pricing for DLC. If it was $15 or less I would bite but otherwise I will wait for the next steam sale.

Is it a standalone dlc?

No, doesn’t look like it. Adds in Zombie types, new maps and missions. Tom Chick will certainly love it.

I heard Jake Solomon saying that War of the Chosen was almost XCOM 3, and by that he was implying how big it actually is.

EDIT: here’s one source: https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/15/xcom-2-expansion-war-of-the-chosen-is-so-large-the-team-considered-making-it-xcom-3/

Jake Solomon can say whatever he wants. I’m still firing up XCOM 2, going through the XCOM 2 story beats, and getting the XCOM 2 ending even with War of the Chosen installed.

Who are you, and what did you do to Telefrog of the red dice!

The red clashed with the logo addon. All hail blue D20 Telefrog!

I believe the expansion for XCom was similarly priced and it was worth every penny, IMO. Totally changed the game for me.

I’m going to have a hard time adapting. I liked that little red D20. Blue is cool, but it just isn’t the same.

I didn’t even notice mine. How interesting.

Seems like expansion-level addtions to me.

Edit: I just posted to see if my P showed up. But the changes seem to go far beyond the DLC precedent they set before – which, admittedly, is a pretty low bar – definitely on the order of Enemy Within.

I’ll want to hear first hand how it looks before diving in on this one, I still feel burned by the DLC they released for xcom2, all of which I hated.

If this turns out like xcom1 enemy within then this should be a nice addition (although I’d still wait till it was cheaper, like say 20 bucks).