Xcom 2

I’ve seen a lot of new soldier classes, but basically all of the ones that i have seen have been really dumb, god classes.

Is there a setting in this game that does not cheat for either side? I was surprised to read on the Steam forums that lower levels actually cheat in favor of XCOM, but apparently there is no level that eliminates cheats for both sides.

I quit playing 17 hours in precisely for this reason (and I have 342 on XCOM: EU) and haven’t picked it up since. Guess it will continue to gather dust.

I was really enjoying the game, until doing a mission where the walls and ceilings meant nothing. It really took me out of the game. I see so few comments about it I figured it was just me. Seems so strange to me that more people aren’t bothered by it, and that they don’t fix it.

I must be one of those people, ran through two completed campaigns, didn’t bother me a bit.

It bothers me. But it doesn’t stop me from playing.

I’m used to los oddity, especially dealing with height, from the previous game.

Finally picked this up on CDKeys, got tired of waiting for Steam or GMG to put it on sale. Now to pull 30GB down on a weekend.

Circle back and let us know what you think. I was thinking about starting up a new campaign since the latest DLC released, but decided I’d rather complete an Attila campaign I’m in the midst of, might even just wait for the next DLC to land before starting a new one.

Well, had to create a new shortcut and add “-noredscreens -review” to the start line to remove that error would be my first impression. Other than it really is so far imitating the first game quite well with its design and overall feel.

So I am dragging out my latest game with the Alien Hunter DLC. And I mean dragging it out. Never went to the first alien boss area. Dropped the Advent counter from full to 4 a couple of times. During that time I did not research any of the Shadow projects. You can definitely make your Long War all by your self.

At this point I’m working on having two fully trained psi ops. I need two more WAR armors. Then maybe, just maybe I’ll continue the main quest.

Still Loving It© ™

I think that’s the way to go. On my first run through Alien Hunter, I rushed to the first boss area. I managed to kill the Viper in his second appearance, but the Berserker Queen showed up almost immediately after that, and I’m not sure there was any possible way I could come near killing her that early in the game. I ended up re-starting and skipping the cave for now.

I’m still playing the same game. At this point I’m avoiding the Advent broadcast tower and the boss area. I want to see just how long I can stretch this out. I’m running out of proving grounds stuff to research. I’m training up two more psi troops for a total of four. I’d like to take six psi troops out on a few missions. This is actually pretty interesting. I wonder if the game just breaks after some point.

So I finally took my OP group of two sharpshooters, two magus psi-ops, a heavy and you know who into the viper’s den. Took him out in one try. The next two took two meetings each. I was disappointed to find out how the Icarus Armor works. And I was really looking forward to it. So just a bit more before I take my 6 magus psi-ops into the end game missions.

XCOM 2 coming to consoles. Sept 6th. Digital download only.

Might come back to this game for the first time since I beat it ~42 played hours around launch. I just subscribed to a bunch of mods but I’m not really interested in the DLC.

I haven’t touched this since I completed a few games at launch (and I loved every minute of it) - what’s the mod scene look like these days? Anyone have any “must have” mods? I’m not interested in stuff where arm chair modders are making sweeping changes to balance and the like necessarily, but anything that does cool and needed things to general gameplay, visuals, more (and balanced) content, stuff like that?

My idea of must have are:

Overwatch all/others
Evac all
Quiet Bradford
Black market usage
Full character customization from the start

Ones that I like:

True retroactive AWC
CaptainBubs accessory pack
Military camoflage patterns

I don’t run a lot of mods, otherwise.

Edit: I might have had more mods but I’m trying to be careful. I’ll see a mod that I have to have. Then I read the comments. There will be, say, two or three people that are having problems with it. I don’t use it. Whenever the mod creator has notes about ‘what to do if my mod messes up’ I don’t use it. So far so good. No mod issues in ~253 hours of play.

There goes the ‘my pc can’t run this game’-excuse… Not sure if I should cheer or curse. I am looking forward to playing it, but I still don’t really have the time. And I still need to finish the Witcher 3 and start on it’s expansions… Bugger. But also: yes!

So last night I’m wanting to wind down before bed because I had an early day today. I figure I’ll put on the QT3 streaming from earlier in the week, because Tom played XCOM 2 on Wednesday and I want to watch it. But I also know that when I’m really sleepy like I was last night, watching youtube game streams can be vaguely soothing and I’ll likely drift off, wake up on the couch, and trundle off to bed. So…yeah. I’ll start watching this, and then the next day I’ll figure out where I drifted off and pick it up there.

Instead, stupid Tom and the whole Qt3 crew made me stay up way past my bedtime. If you’ve never watched one of these streaming gameplay sessions, this is a great one to start with. It’s a great game to stream, and the commentary just makes this wildly entertaining and fun. And frustrating too, when you’re shouting instructions at Tom’s squad and you know they can’t hear you!

Anyway, now I’m itching to jump back in and start a new campaign, and I’m wondering if I should pick up the DLC? What’s the general verdict on them?