Xcom 2

What if you aren’t using mods?

Try it from the .exe and do a Steam refund if it doesn’t work!

Looks like you were right.

One thing about this game that bothers me is how much computing power it uses. I’m in the Avenger main screen and the game is really hammering my 3070 (which is many years newer than this game).

The tagline for this game should be “Very exciting and great at generating heat!”

Any idea what fps is? Wondering if you need a frame limiter.

I too, am curious about the answer to this question. The graphics aren’t that crazy great.

Excellent point. What’s a good limit - 60?

I used MSI Afterburner to lock it the FPS down to 60 & the CPU went down to ~ 14% and GPU to 46%

Great!

Does that work with any brand card? As you should know because you graciously sold it to me NEW NEW NEW* mine is an EVGA. :-)

*probably got tired of my moaning in the graphics card thread. ;-)

You could just enable vsync in game. Or use nvidia control panel if you have an nvidia card

Having mixed success with running from the .exe. Works with a shortcut, but still getting the 2K launcher from steam no matter what I try.

I think MSI Afterburner works with any GPU. I’ve installed it on every PC I’ve built… and normally didn’t do anything with it since I’m not overclocking.

I’ve used MSI afterburner with an EVGA 2080 and a 3070ti.

Thanks for the replies, all. I didn’t realize that the Nvidia control panel allowed one to limit the frame rate.

Thanks! I didn’t realize it was a setting in the control panel too. Woo woo!

I can’t figure out how to preview target visibility when planning moves. I don’t see a menu option. Holding down keys like Alt don’t seem to do anything.

I also didn’t see an option to enable War of the Chosen, though I did for two other DLC packs. Is it always enabled?

Look at the regular enemy visible icons in the regular place. They get greyed out or something like that when moving to a location they aren’t visible from.

I figured it out. I started a non-WotC campaign and the option was added then.

Through your recommendations (and massive savescum) I finally WOTC last night. What a game and what an ending! I really enjoyed it and now don’t know what to do with my time.

I stuck with the 4 sniper/2 ranger idea above, but swapped in Reaper/Predator/Templar and (later) Psyker. In the later game, I found my melee dudes to be less effective - mainly because I didn’t like to stick them into the middle of a big battle - and add more ranged guys. For the final battle, I took 4 sniper and 2 grenadier - I picked these up via mission rewards.

How many years do I need to wait for XCom 3? :-)

Definitely the question I’d like to know the answer to!

I’m currently playing through my only War of the Chosen campaign so far, and have managed to kill the Assassin, but keep dragging my feet with regard to the Hunter and the Warlock. I suppose I’d better do it and get the campaign over with. How do I discover their current strengths and weaknesses before I attack their respective fortresses? My guys should all be fresh as daisies going in there though, right? No “Tired” soldiers? Right now most of my A-list people are tired, and I don’t have enough B-listers to even have an alternate squad. I guess I could send a Spark as one of them.