Xenoblade Chronicles 2: that waifu that you do

Pretty sure the Rare Blades you can get from resonating with the core crystals are mostly random - but there’s the possibility you can influence who you get by using the idea boosters. Potentially some are locked behind certain level of idea stats? That part is all still kind of a mystery…

I reckon though that if you compared our rare blade lists, they’d be different. For example, apart from the story blades and the side quest crystals, I’ve got Zenobia, Kora, Boreas, Godfrey, and Agate (names only, nothing too spoilery).

I’m not familiar with Dahlia (or Nim from the front page article picture) yet either.

And I just got into a fight with some new Torna Drivers and their Blades. I’d rather be using them, they look pretty cool… :)

How do you know this btw? From looking in the Blade Album?

Uh…wow. Now I don’t feel so bad about playing Fate Grand Order.

On second thought…yeah I still feel bad.

That idea nonsense – justice, truth, bravery, impertinence, or whatever – is so goddamn annoying. I presume unlocking blades is a fundamental part of the gameplay, and it’s obvious from the boosters that ideas are part of it. But if there’s been so much as a whisper about the ideas system in the tutorials or anywhere else, I haven’t seen or heard it.

Yep. I’m assuming that’s the full catalog. I’ve got about half the silhouettes colored in. Do you know something I don’t?

And if you don’t have Nim yet, that seals it. She was one of the first I got. I just figured everyone got her right off the bat. I mean, how else are you talking to the feroxes???

And from your list of names, I think there’s folks in there I haven’t seen yet.

Heh. Who here played Hunie Pop? Show of hands? Anyone? No? Really? No one? Well, me either, of course. I just thought I’d ask.

-Tom

No I only have default-level knowledge. :) By ‘scripted blades’ I just thought you meant the ones given as part of the story or quests, and wondered how you knew the total number of those. You can kind of tell by looking at the Album because they all seem to be listed first, before the ones that come from random Core Crystals…

Talking to the what now? Are those the little 3-tailed fox things I’ve seen around the place? I’ve never been able to do anything with them!

I have about 40 Core Crystals waiting to be opened though. I’ve held off because until very recently I didn’t have Drivers for any new Rares to go on, and the lack of Overdrive Protocols makes me nervous that I won’t be able to easily transfer them.

I haven’t found her yet, but I found this among the GIS results.

images

I literally LOL’d at the actual artwork for her, though. My first thought is that it would be inhumane to take her into battle, just thinking of all the back problems…

I mean, I know of people who have played it. They somehow played it on my Steam account, too, because I have some time marked on there. But I would never. I’m far too appropriate for that sort of thing.

No, and I love match-3s.

I’m waiting for the Android port.

Patch apparently coming next week, 22/12.

As well as some fixes, X will now open the map to the one you’re actually on! And clicking LS will zoom the expanded minimap. Also a ‘Tiger, Tiger’ easy mode.

And mention of a ‘New Game+’ next year.

I have no idea how long this game is, but I’m already in it like 70 hours or so, and I kind of feel like I’m not even half done.

Also, finally unlocked Poppi’s second form, which gives a lot more flexibility in terms of combos.

Can anyone explain exactly what causes an elemental orb to show up? I think it has something to do with landing a 3rd tier blade combo? But it doesn’t always seem to?

It should always show up once you land the third stage of a blade combo. The last element of the combo will be the same as the orb that shows up. Just to be clear this is NOT the same as landing the third level of your special. It has to follow the branching path in the top right of the screen.

Yep, also note that the big goal is to get 3 or more different elemental orbs on the enemy, before unleashing a chain attack that breaks them all.

Here’s the translation of the patch notes. Blurred bits for those who haven’t discovered favourite things yet:

the change to how the map works is key.

Yeah it’s the biggest issue I have with the game, the pain of browsing to my location every time I open it. A more zoomed-out overlay will be great too.

lol… that video has Dahlia in it.
I can’t stop laughing at that video.

Love the boob physics featured in the video. Hopefully I get this for Christmas.

That video rocked, but I wonder how spoiled I just got on some of the story stuff. Ah well.

I may have read it here, but if not, I think the Dunkey video only really spoils in any way up to about Chapter 3 of the full game. I think I saw that on ResetEra.