Xenoblade Chronicles 2: that waifu that you do

Also keep your pouches full at all times. Be safe out there.

Is there anything worthwhile to do after beating it? I know there are some higher level enemies scattered around the world, but not sure if there is anything that makes it worth it for me to try to do some of that content.

I don’t know but I’m currently watching the credits roll and am greatly anticipating deleting it and never thinking about it again.

I believe the game spawns a bunch of “super bosses” to beat after you finish. Otherwise, you’re completing your collection of blades and finishing all the side quests I guess. At least until the new quests DLC and New Game+. :)

Yes. My son finished and told me about the Super Bosses. There will eventually be DLC too. That’s in the fall.

I’ve been looking forward to this game and am finally finding some time to play it. I’m only at the end of chapter two. I have a few cores that I want to use now that I have a full party, but I’m weirdly paranoid about using them “wrong” (like, giving them to the wrong party member). Any suggestions?

‘Don’t sweat it’ would be the main suggestion for opening cores. :)

You eventually get more cores than you know what to do with, and a few Overdrives you can use to transfer blades to other drivers.

Maybe try get a rare healer on Nia first. Even though Rex much later in the game can use any blade it’s still handy to have some blades on every driver.

Just finished it. The last third or so of the story has way too much of the writers pulling stuff out of their ass and I only finished it because I’m a completionist and hate having unfinished stuff hanging around in my head. Ultimately it’s still a decent game, but I wish I was the type of person that could just drop it after the first 30-40 hours.

Their exploration is still among the best. They make relatively modestly sized areas feel larger and more interesting than games with double the actual space.

The combat is better than X (not a lot of room to be worse) but once you have the three Blade slots and an understanding of how chain attacks work it still devolves into running the same sequence in every battle to win. They still don’t seem to understand that good combat involves reaction to enemy actions and not just status states. The combo sealing effects could have been closer to that, but instead of sealing specific enemy skills it just does generic status impacts that the current enemy might not even use, so most of the time it’s not worth considering.

The best content in the game is actually some of the unique Blade sidequests, but I have no interest in playing their dumb lottery system to grind them, especially after I used two “legendary” cores with boosters and still ended up with commons.

Thanks! Yeah, I’m quickly realizing that cores are a dime a dozen. At least they’re generous! And it’s nice to have a variety of field skills distributed among the party.

If only bonding cores was a faster process! Yet another thing that they could have cleaned up to really make the game feel a lot better. Sitting there bonding a dozen cores to get a rare(if you’re lucky) blade and watching that same cutscene over and over and over really gets annoying fast.

Can you skip it? I know you can skip the normal emergence animation.

You can skip the cutscene where the new blade walks around and does kickflips or whatever, but you can’t skip the cutscene where they get ready to open the core (when it does the three flashes of fairy dust).

The best strategy i found was to simply use the switch in handheld mode in a stand plugged in and then open them while playing another game on your PC/other console. It is pretty crappy. I wish you could mass open multiple blades at once and just see the results in a list.

Once you get to middle levels you basically stop opening commons at all and not so far after that, rares too. It just isn’t worth the time.

Legendary cores obviously don’t assure you of getting a unique. If you’re only missing 3-5 blades, you’re going to burn a lot of legendary cores to lower that missing unique count by one.

Another patch and the first DLC for 2018 are releasing this Friday:

We will deliver “Xenoblade 2” Ver. 1.2.0 update data and additional quests and items of “Expansion Pass” in the afternoon of Friday, 19th (Friday)!
For additional content, please see here too!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/953826141512454144

There is a very noticeable upward tick in quality for cinematics at the end of chapter 5. They used some good smooth camera movements and framing that I don’t remember being in previous ones. Not sure if it was a random upshot or if that’ll be the case from here on out.

I cracked out XCX. The game still looks good, still has people playing the game and its just a lot of fun flying around in a mech.

Son of a …

So I"m in chapter 7 after one of the reveals where it knocks your party down to 2. I’ve had this happen before (chapter 4, before going to Indol) and it’s super super super frustrating because fighting with a party of 2 is really frustrating (combos are hard, chain attacks are harder to get, etc…). I’m over leveled due to side content so things aren’t impossible, just frustrating.

I’m in the middle of the big fight at chapter 7 and I got stomped. Sighing and heading back I’m trying to tweak my 2 member team when I realize at the team organization screen you can press X to add a reserve person to your party…

fml.

83 and a half hours to credits. The last few chapters were definitely worth it. Really good game even though it had a ton of really frustrating design decisions and obtuse mechanics (I only figured out what the weapon for noobs was by accident right before going into the last room). I also enjoyed the connections to xc1 near the end.

My son just beat the last superboss. The katana dude, not the highest level but the toughest. His done with the game now as he doesnt want to grind for the last 5 missing legendary blades.

1. An option has been added to skip the cutscene when awakening a Blade.
    Read more at Xenoblade Chronicles 2 version 1.3.0 update launches next week, details [Update] - Gematsu