XMen 3: The Last Stand

Why crap?

BTW, the clip combined with the text describing it is a bit spoilerish.

You’re right, added spoiler warning. I thought the scene was terrible.

I swear the effects on colossus didn’t look that bad in X2

When I saw what he was destroying all I could think was…

YAY!

Plus I think the effects on colossus look a little strange because of the squishy video and crompression.

that was a surprise enemy in this movie - hadn’t heard that

My problem was more with the dialogue. Yikes.

Yeah, that clip stinks. The fastball special is a joke, like Wolverine is slowly floating through the air on wires. Which I suppose is exactly what he’s doing.

I dunno, i’ve been thinking about this throughout the day and i still feel distinctly underwhelmed by the clip.

Maybe it’ll be better in context and after that bit three more unobscured sentinels turn up to mete out an ass whuppin on the team and colossus screams out battle cries in a thick russian accent (not the disappointingly american one from X2). But the realist in me doubts it

…More Halle Berry screen time
…Less Cyclops
…Vinnie Jones as Juggernaught
… and now this.

It just seems like it would have been an interesting clip if it was directed by someone with even rudimentary skills as a director - who would clean up the dialogue, ensure the effects worked, it was properly paced, the action was viewed from effective and engaging perspectives, etc. – none of which was evident in this clip.

God, I wish Marvel would stop turning to schmoe directors. Just because Ang Lee didn’t really work out, it’s like they gave up after that.

Yeah, 'cos Sam Raimi is such a crappy director.

Well obviously Raimi is good, but as we’ve talked about before, Marvel has gone away from what made their films successful. They’ve stopped, for the most part, getting talented actors and directors, and seem to be doing everything as cheaply as possible.

Meanwhile, DC (after having successfully buried comic movies only 10 years ago) is returning with some awesome stuff. See the new Superman trailer? It is incredible.

There’s a new one? All I’ve seen/heard about is the teaser that first aired last year.

Nevermind, just saw it. Wow!

Long chunk of preview over here:

http://www.dell.com/html/us/xmen/index.html

Looks hack-a-riffic with really stilted dialog. Also notice how they have to have Berry talking in every shot.

I liked the first X-Men 3 trailer. Great music, nice set design and costumes, it was looking great. Now it’s all falling apart with the new trailers and my god that youtube clip basically destroyed any urge to go see it in theatres. I probably still will, but I am sure to feel dirty about doing so.

It’s not looking good. I’ll probably still wind up seeing though.

Oh, I’ll definitely go see it. The sneak peek really has some major spoilers, though. I’m also wondering what the hell kind of glass that window that Angel crashes through is made out of

Also: Shadowcat! Yay! Loved the bit in the sneak peek where she stopped Juggernaut in his tracks.

What’s so strange is how subtle the differences are between what you see in the clip and the second movie.

It’s like having your favorite writer leave the comic in the middle of a really good run, and suddenly you realize exactly what he was bringing to the book.

Dude, what is so good about the Superrman trailer? It looks like the same old stuff… I can’t begin to count the number of times I have seen a movie/tv remake of the Superman origins… yawn not yet another attempt!

Well, for starters it doesn’t have the origin story in it… That’s why it’s set in the same timeline as Superman 1 & 2.