xXx

Vin Diesel is ever so dreamy. I am more than ready for a new, semi-original, action-movie, bad-ass character. Vin may just fit the bill.

That movie looks pretty crazy from the trailers.

We need a remake of the Magnificent Seven in an contemporary urban setting with all the action heroes. You could even have Clint Eastwood in there as the old guy leader type. No Jean Claude Van Damme, though.

Just remember that it would have to be PG13, though. XXX is supposed to be some kind of dynamic, aggressive new secret agent type, yet the only things dyanmic and aggressive about him seem to be his tattoos. Pretty soon R-rated films are going to be as common as NC-17 ones.

I believe you can fit plenty of action, violence and other mayhem in a PG13 film. What specifically do you think an R rating would add beyond nudity and sexual situations*.

-DavidCPA

*Please note that some nudity and sexual situations can be a good thing in the right film :D

BTW, Vin Diesel is a Dungeons anD Dragons Dork! Tripple DDD more like it!

from IGN.com http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/366/366020p1.html

"Being that Diesel is into D&D, the first part of the interview takes place at the Wizards
of the Coast hobby shop at the Beverly Center mall in Los Angeles. Author John
Brodie writes, “the movie star strolled into a Wizards of the Coast hobby shop [and]
started reading a spell-casting manual.” Brodie also notes that Diesel started
playing D&D when he was twelve, when a friend’s mother started Sunday-night
games and he was invited to attend.

"So, how's your campaign going?" Diesel asks a 23-year-old gamer in the store.
             They discuss the guy's campaign, and the guy then invites Diesel to participate in an
             upcoming round, saying, "My buddies will never believe Vin Diesel is into D&D."
             Diesel declines the invitation, but he autographs the guy's new D&D manual and
             says, "Bring that to your campaign." And leaving the mall, Diesel and his childhood
             friend and Dungeon Master, Marcus Abularach, discuss the issues relating to the
             guy's hybrid character; a half man, half orc.

Now, here's the part that's even more interesting: While Diesel was in the store he
             purchased around $800 worth of D&D paraphernalia.  His reason for doing this,
             Diesel tells Brodie: research. Research for something he calls, "One of my secret
             projects." It's this project that Abularach has come to L.A. to write."

etc

This movie looks like one big commercial for Mountain Dew.

Tell me about it. It’s secret agents… TO THE EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!

Vin Diesel is . . . La Femme Nikita!

He’s supposedly trying to get the rights to a fantasy series for a movie… supposedly of a known Dark Elf from the Forgotten Realms… thats the rumor I heard from a friend who plays DnD with him.

Heehaw, I’m lying~! :D

etc

For some reason, I’m excited about xxx. I liked The Fast and the Furious. I’m kinda hoping it’s just a series of scenes in which Vin Diesel extreme sports himself over an exploding chalet or an exploding Ramada Inn or an exploding pyramid at Giza. And then Samuel Jackson walks by and makes some snappy comment like “23 ski-DON’T!” That would be a great movie. If there’s a love story or a regular story, I’m just gonna plug my ears and wait for the aforementioned extreme sporting over explosions.

Vin Diesel just irritates me. Can’t put my finger on it, but I just don’t like that guy.

I’m kinda hoping it’s just a series of scenes in which Vin Diesel extreme sports himself over an exploding chalet or an exploding Ramada Inn or an exploding pyramid at Giza. And then Samuel Jackson walks by and makes some snappy comment like “23 ski-DON’T!” That would be a great movie. If there’s a love story or a regular story, I’m just gonna plug my ears and wait for the aforementioned extreme sporting over explosions

Dude. I’m having flashbacks to the Ninja movie scripts. Real… ultimate… POWER!

“Vin Diesel just irritates me. Can’t put my finger on it, but I just don’t like that guy.”

maybe it’s his fake, ultra-macho screen name. the guy’s real name is mark vincent.

…and that’s the end of that chapter.

Well, that might just be a good start to that chapter. :)

I think it’s way more than that. He seems to be anti-charismatic, and comes across in interviews and such as just…well, dumb as a post.

And my wife thinks he’s ugly. :)

Confession: I’ve never seen a movie with him in it. Really don’t have much desire to, based on what I’ve seen of him outside the movies.

C’mon Murph, you’ve seen Saving Private Ryan haven’t you? He’s the Ranger that gets killed by the evil sniper in the ruined French town.

Huh?!? I think he is kinda personable in reviews and more of a regular guy. He makes movies that are fun to watch.

He only made scale in Saving Private Ryan and until 2 or 3 years ago he was still sleeping on a friends couch to save money. He is 35 I think and has been working at acting for 20 years. That is a long ass time to be a “working actor” and not give up.

I thought “Pitch Black” was decent, but without Vin it would have been horrible. He was O.K. in Boiler Room, but that damn Ben Affleck ruined that whole movie for me. He is awful. Though he is a big computer gaming buff.

Diesel talked about his upcoming stuff with John Stewart. Something called “The Chronicles of Riddick” that is going to be a trilogy and something else I cannot remember for the life of me.

To you who do not like him, I give a hearty Booooooo!!! Hissss!!

He’s the Iron Giant! He’s cool. That was a good movie!

etc

Chronicles of Riddick is a planned trilogy based on the character Riddick from Pitch Black. Given how cool that character is, I’m really hoping it doesn’t end up on the backburner given Diesel’s newfound fame. I very much enjoyed Pitch Black. I’ve always been a fan of David Twohy’s (director, writer) films.

–Dave

He’s also going to play Hannibal in an upcoming movie about the Carthagian wars. Pretty cool, until you hear that the Gladiator script-writer is handling the writing…

Anyway, I like Vin too. He is personable and not dumb at all. He’s pretty savvy for this business and he seems much more grounded than Arnold and the rest.

Newsweek suggested that his appeal was because his Italian/Black ancestry makes him just enough of a mix that almost every ethnicity can claim him as their own. Interesting theory, which gains some water when you hear that he financed and wrote his own little short film where he played an actor auditioning for all kinds of ethnic roles. From Jewish to Hispanic, Italian, Black, etc., and not getting the part because he didn’t fit each one perfectly, even though he auditioned for each one well. Canny move, it’s a nice way to show range and make a statement at the same time.

I heard that his little film was shown at Cannes and led to him getting the part in Saving Private Ryan (Spielberg was impressed) and also in Pitch Black. Don’t quote me on that exactly, but I think the story goes something like that.

I had totally forgotten that was his character’s name. He even eluded to that on The Daily Show and I blanked on it here. I believe the movie he is about to start is a fantasy based flick and he said that name as well. Maybe I should refrain from referencing interviews from which I remember practically none of the facts.

Thanks for the back up Dave. :)