Ya think maybe Take-Two should have taken the money and run?

You know, because GTA4 was so terribad.

Yes, we know, you hate GTA and love Saints Row, linear gaming narratives blow, emergent gameplay rawks, blah blah blah. Did I miss anything?

Is there supposed to be a point in there some where? It just looks like some sort of I hate capitalism rant.

It’s not that I hate GTA and I love Saints Row. It’s that GTA is bad and Saints Row is good.

Anyway, re:topic, yes. Take Two were morons for turning down the takeover bid.

STOP QUOTING THE CRAZY

Because I’m Pogo, motherfucker?

It’s easy to say “I’d rather their price drop” when it’s no skin off your back. I’m sure the investors are less than enthused that the EA offer was declined.

The smart investors sold the second they learned about the offer decline, expected a lapse in revenue according to the release and plateau of GTAIV, and then will buy back when the stock bottoms out again.

Actually he liked MW1/2, so it’s not really the “linear gaming” that he doesn’t like.

“You don’t quote crazy. You never quote crazy.” -George Bluth

I’d rather be a private company, period. Fuck shareholders, fuck trying to beat the bar every quarter for expectations, and fuck takeovers from stock sale. I’m a little bitter about working for public companies in the past. I can only imagine working at one as a game developer where product cycles and stock price cycles don’t match.

Agreed.

They probably have to build a new city though, so it’s probably nowhere near that. Not to mention that all of the Rockstar studios had to work on the games and expansions to push them out on time.

GTA IV only sold, what? 4 million copies the first day? Yeah, clearly the expansions are bound for failure.

From where will you get capital, then? Oh, that’s right. You can’t.

Issue bonds.

I would buy GTA V bonds.

You can keep saying it, but it’s not going to somehow become true.

How can facts not be true?

They’re FOX facts.

How can an opinion be a fact?

edit: glllllrrrghglghghl, why am I trying to have this conversation with BJB at this time

Actually he was pretty much dead on. Most of the “investors” are just speculators chasing quick money, they don’t actually care about videogames or gamers. Wall Street does a terrible job of what it claims to do- most companies fund 90% of investment with their own profits, and the rest is usually done through credit. Stock Markets are more about organizing ownership than raising money for investment.

Stock market “investors” do very little good to the industries/companies they buy shares in, in fact except for a few exceptions (“institutional investors” and the like) they aren’t really “investors” at all.

Credit markets (ie loans), see above.

So you’d rather be beholden to the bank than the shareholders? Note that shareholders can’t repossess your house.